Senior Backend Developer
Zoe Financial is a wealth platform for consumers to find, hire, and grow their wealth through innovative technology and exceptional client service. Zoe has raised over $24M and is backed by SoftBank and top executives at Blackrock, Charles Schwab, Uber, and Doordash. Its accolades include FastCo’s 2022 Most Innovative Personal Finance Companies, Nerdwallet’s 2022 & 2023 Best Online Financial Advisor, and Morningstar’s Fintech Startup of the Year 2019. The New York-based company has a strong leadership team with over 20 years of industry experience at firms like Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Merril Lynch, and Learnvest. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing company with the stability of a tenured leadership team and advisory board.
We have offices in New York and Bogota, Colombia.
What you get:
We’ve got a highly competitive salary and stock options package (as a member of the team you own a piece of the company we get to build together.) In addition, the Colombian team gets to travel to NYC once a year (Travel expenses paid) for our company offsite!
About the Role
We are seeking a skilled Backend Engineer to join the Zoe team at our office in Bogota (Zona Chico). We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong background in PHP Software development and a passion for building robust systems from scratch. As a Backend Engineer, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and excel in taking ownership of projects from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and implement backend solutions using Laravel and related technologies.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including estimation, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Integrate external APIs and third-party services to enhance system functionality.
- Implement efficient and secure server-side functionality, ensuring reliability, high performance, responsiveness, and data integrity.
- Optimize and improve the efficiency of existing code and database structures.
- Take ownership of projects, from initial concept to final delivery.
- Contribute to code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality and enhance team collaboration.
You'll love working at Zoe because We...
- Are a successful, well funded, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience
- Are a technologically and data-driven business
- Offer competitive salaries and equity
- Are at the forefront of tech & finance, redefining personal finance
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- Expertise in PHP development with frameworks like Laravel or Symfony
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and proficiency in writing efficient SQL queries.
- 3+ year experience with REST APIs development and integration of third-party services, webhooks, etc.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. TDD, code reviews, deployment process, design documentation)
- Experience with version control systems (Git) and collaborative development workflows.
- Self-motivated with a passion for problem-solving
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.