Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Zoe Financial is a wealth platform for consumers to find, hire, and grow their wealth through innovative technology and exceptional client service. Zoe has raised over $24M and is backed by SoftBank and top executives at Blackrock, Charles Schwab, Uber, and Doordash. Its accolades include FastCo’s 2022 Most Innovative Personal Finance Companies, Nerdwallet’s 2022 & 2023 Best Online Financial Advisor, and Morningstar’s Fintech Startup of the Year 2019. The New York-based company has a strong leadership team with over 20 years of industry experience at firms like Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Merril Lynch, and Learnvest. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing company with the stability of a tenured leadership team and advisory board.
We have offices in New York and Bogota, Colombia.
What you get:
We’ve got a highly competitive salary and stock options package (as a member of the team you own a piece of the company we get to build together.) In addition, the Colombian team gets to travel to NYC once a year (Travel expenses paid) for our company offsite!
About the Role
We are looking for a QA Test Engineer to join the Zoe team in our Bogota (Zona Chico) office. We’re looking for a motivated, Quality Assurance Test Engineer who gets excited about building things from the ground up. You enjoy a fast-paced environment and feel most confident when owning a project from start to finish.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Contribute actively on the communication with the development team about improvements, use cases,
- Create and document detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks to ensure the quality and reliability of software applications using open source tools.
- Identify, document, and track software defects and inconsistencies, and work closely with the development team to ensure timely resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and provide input on testability, usability, and performance aspects.
- Participate in requirement reviews, design reviews, and provide feedback to ensure quality considerations are addressed early in the development process.
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and testing methodologies to continuously improve the QA process.
You’ll love working at Zoe because We...
- Are a successful, well-funded, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience
- Are a technologically and data-driven business
- Offer competitive salaries and equity
- Are at the forefront of tech and finance, redefining personal finance
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience in software quality assurance, including experience with manual and automated testing methodologies.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle and testing methodologies, with hands-on experience in various types of testing (functional, regression, integration, performance, etc.).
- Experience in software development/testing features/unit testing with QA automation tools
- Experience with test automation frameworks and tools (Selenium, Cypress).
- Experience with relational databases and testing RESTful APIs and JSON
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and troubleshoot issues effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English