Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. We power over $800M in annualized spending and are rapidly growing.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, CNBC, CNET, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $60M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, who founded Google Analytics, Y Combinator Continuity, PayPal, Affirm, Box, Yelp, and more. These include David Sacks, Max Levchin, Wesley Chan, CEOs of Yelp, Box, and Y Combinator Continuity, The Chainsmokers, and Jared Leto.
What will you do?
As a generalist infrastructure engineer at X1, you will build the platform that supports all of our operations and financial services. You will have the opportunity to reimagine and realize what an elite infrastructure platform looks like and set the course for how highly scalable, secure, and robust applications are built and deployed here. In turn, your contributions will give your teammates the immense leverage required for a small team to support the business.
Who will you work with?
An elite engineering team with alumni from Affirm, Stripe, Google, Pinterest, Y Combinator, Stanford, MIT, and more.
What will you work on?
- Design and implement analytics solutions that are low latency, high availability, and scalable.
- Design and maintain system primitives that support streaming, batch processing, scheduling, web services, caching, and more.
- Support machine learning workloads, including training, validation, and deployment
- Author and maintain core libraries
- Evolve observability tooling, support and tighten debugging and incident management
- Automate and optimize build, deployment, and testing pipelines with strong dev-ops fundamentals
- Enforce security posture around credentials, data protection & privacy, and compliance
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize cloud infrastructure performance, cost, and capacity
Who are you?
- A top percentile programmer, ideally language agnostic
- Adept in computer science fundamentals and practical application
- You find fulfillment in impacting customers and shipping improvements
- You enjoy digesting complex requirements, making tradeoffs, and deriving executable workstreams
- High standards for your work in terms of quality, pace, and consistency–and expect the same from your peers.
- You are authentic and have a high sense of accountability
- You are hungry and have a sense of urgency
As an early team member at X1 you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
How can you reach us?
To learn more, see https://x1.co/