Portfolio Financing Analyst
Viking Global Investors
Viking Global Investors LP is a global investment firm founded in 1999. We manage more than $42 billion of capital for our investors across long/short, long-only, and liquid/illiquid strategies. We have approximately 275 employees and offices in Stamford, New York, Hong Kong, London, and San Francisco.
Location: New York City, NY (660 Fifth Ave) and Stamford CT (600 Washington Blvd)
The Portfolio Financing Analyst will be a member of a 3-person Treasury effort. The candidate will work alongside the Treasury team manager and the Treasury Quant Lead to learn how the Viking Trading and Treasury teams operate and will be exposed to the desk’s daily workflow and process. The candidate would propose ideas to promote the establishment of a sustainable, resilient, and stable treasury effort across systems and processes for all asset classes.
The candidate will be expected be a primary point person for day-to-day engagement with various liquid asset financing partners including prime brokerage and swap financing counterparties. This would include providing ongoing structured feedback to financing partners. They will participate in evaluating and negotiating agreements related to liquid asset financing arrangements.
In doing this work, the candidate will collaborate across Viking departments, including the investment staff, quant analytics, the trading team, legal and compliance, trading operations, and information technology.
The candidate will report into the Strategic Treasury Specialist. The Portfolio Financing Analyst will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day maintenance of prime broker relationships, including shadowing on the negotiation of margin methodologies and securities lending arrangements
- Engaging in thoughtful process automation projects related to desk workflow
- Incorporating Viking’s risk management culture – including operational risk management, counterparty risk management and counterparty surveillance frameworks into their day-to-day tasks
- Partnering with team members to advance the entire treasury unit
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of experience in equity markets (prior experience with securities lending and/or portfolio financing is preferred but not required)
- Strong communication and organization
- A bachelor’s degree with a record of excellence
The ideal candidate possesses the following traits:
- Excellent communication: clear, confident communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Relationship management: excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, maintain, and manage strong professional relationships while handling conflicts and issues effectively
- Learning agility: an ability to learn quickly, adapt to new situations and continuously update their knowledge about the market
- Analytical mindset: an ability to look at the big picture and make data-driven decisions
- Project management: an ability to drive projects involving several stakeholders
- Execution orientation: an ability to make progress towards a vision and complete tasks
- Intellectual honesty: an ability to make reasoned judgements
- Team-orientation: an ability to work collaboratively across the Viking team
- Proactivity: an ability to recognize, anticipate and address needs with a strong sense of urgency
- Continuous improvement-orientation: willingness and passion to innovate and evolve process
The base salary range for this position in New York City is $150,000 to $200,000. In addition to base salary, Viking employees may be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, 100% coverage of medical and dental premiums, and paid lunches. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be individually determined based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s skill set, experience, education, and other qualifications. For more information on our benefits, please visit www.vikingglobal.com/life-at-viking/