Private Equity Investment Intern, Summer 2024
Viking Global Investors
Viking Global Investors LP is a global investment firm founded in 1999. We manage more than $41 billion of capital for our investors across long/short, long-only, and liquid/illiquid strategies. We have approximately 275 employees and offices in Stamford, New York, Hong Kong, London, and San Francisco.
Join our 16-person private equity investment team this summer to develop your investing toolkit and explore actionable investment ideas. Throughout your 10-week experience, you will partner directly with members of the team to source, diligence and execute on private equity investment opportunities leveraging our fundamental, research-intensive approach. You will be trained and mentored by experienced investors at Viking to ensure your success.
Viking’s private equity investment team (Viking Global Opportunities) was formed in 2015 and manages $13 billion of capital. This is an opportunity to play an entrepreneurial role alongside a lean, proven team, with the support of one of the largest and most successful investment management firms globally.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on prospective investments, including financial modeling and intensive operational due diligence (e.g., meeting with company management, touring facilities, speaking with customers, understanding competitive dynamics)
- Thoroughly researching an investment theme and presenting key findings to the investment team at the end of the summer
- Contributing to Viking’s overall research effort by sharing information and insights with the investment team
This position requires an independent, flexible and motivated individual with interest in private equity investing. Prior public equity or private equity investing experience preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Passion for research and investing: our team is engaged and excited to pursue differentiated research, supported by the firm’s significant
- Independence of thought: we strive to be unbiased and develop objective, data-centric theses to drive investment
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities: has the intellectual toolkit to support investment theses with highly differentiated research.
- Commerciality: possesses passion for evaluating the merits of business opportunities and drivers of financial success across a range of industries.
- Presence: demonstrates maturity, good judgment, and efficient communication in all interactions with internal and external constituents.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting: takes a proactive approach to responsibilities, fitting in with a team of high-performing, motivated investment professionals.
- Please submit your resume/application through the Viking career site
- Please remember to indicate your school name on the application page.
- At this time, we are only accepting applications from first-year MBA candidates. Please note our application deadline is December 1, 2023.
The base salary range for this position in New York City is $250,000 to $250,000. In addition to base salary, Viking employees may be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus,100% coverage of medical and dental premiums, and paid lunches. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be individually determined based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s skill set, experience, education, and other qualifications. For more information on our benefits, please visit www.vikingglobal.com/life-at-viking/
Viking Campus Recruiting Team