Office Manager (NY)
Viking Global Investors
Viking Global Investors LP is a global investment firm founded in 1999. We manage more than $37 billion of capital for our investors across long/short, long-only, and liquid/illiquid strategies. We have approximately 280 employees and offices in Greenwich, New York, Hong Kong, London, and San Francisco.
LOCATION: New York, NY (660 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY, 5 days per week in office)
The NY Office Manager will work alongside the Office and Administrative Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the New York office space. The Office Manager will directly manage the NY Facilities and Reception team and report into the Office and Administrative Manager.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage 4-person facilities and reception team.
- Oversee key aspects of facilities management including:
- General office appearance.
- Meal program and stocking of kitchens.
- Mail room services.
- File management and off-site storage.
- On-site gym.
- Serve as a day-to-day resource to employees on matters related to office services.
- Manage vendor relationships, identify preferred vendors, and negotiate applicable vendor
- Work on special projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in office or corporate facilities management.
- Experience managing a team.
The ideal candidate possesses the following traits:
- Team-orientation: an ability to work collaboratively in directing and motivating the team.
- Sound judgment: an ability to consider many different inputs, balancing individual interests and organizational needs, in order to reach the best decision for the organization.
- Results-orientation: an ability to stay organized and prioritize workload to meet deadlines with highly developed project management skills.
- Excellent communication: clear, confident communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- Proactivity: an ability to recognize, anticipate and address needs with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong interpersonal skills: a willingness to be open-minded and thoughtful in approach to work and interactions with others.
- Process-orientation: a strong attention to detail with a critical eye towards optimizing relationships and an eagerness to continually improve.
The base salary range for this position in New York City is $150,000 to $180,000. In addition to base salary, Viking employees may be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, 100% coverage of medical and dental premiums, and paid lunches. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be individually determined based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s skill set, experience, education, and other qualifications. For more information on our benefits, please visit www.vikingglobal.com/life-at-viking/