Business Development Representative
On our mission to help small businesses access seamless credit, we’re looking for someone who's got the passion, drive, and can-do attitude to join our fast growing startup as a Business Development Representative.
In this role you'll help us reach out to new potential customers and continue our growth by being the face of Vaya to prospective customers in one of the most impactful and high growth fintech opportunities of the decade. It's a big deal and a bigger opportunity!
More specifically, you’ll use your skills to discover new business opportunities amongst vertical SaaS platforms and marketplaces in the US, for them to use our embedded lending infrastructure to offer credit to their small business customers. You will drive the customer pipeline creation, understand their needs, and act as the bridge connecting those needs to our innovative embedded credit offerings. Key activities would include:
- Lead sales outreach: Construct novel outbound sales approaches to efficiently reach out to prospective customers and execute them
- Build relationships with our customers: Exhibit empathy towards the customers’ needs and cultivate strong relationships with them. It's not just about the deal, it's about making connections that last
- Understand and solve for customer pain points: Dig into the needs of customers and match them with our perfect-fit credit solutions working hand-in-hand with our product and tech teams.
- Feed us the feedback for product strategy: You’ll tap into customer’ feedback to our value propositions to develop market insights to inform our product strategy.
- Continuous learning and improvement You’ll always be looking for ways to improve the sales processes, productivity and output by staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and methodologies, attending industry events, and carrying out rapid experiments to figure out what works.
You are someone with the following attributes 🤞🏽
- Fits the description of who we are looking for culturally – see our website.
- A proven track record over 2+ years as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive, or similar role.
- You should have prior enterprise sales experience selling in the Fintech, B2B or B2C lending, or vertical SaaS space. We're looking for someone who knows the ropes and is ready to climb.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are top-notch. Whether it's an email, a phone call, or a face-to-face chat, you know how to get your point across.
- You can deliver engaging presentations – no snooze-fests on your watch.
- You're a self-starter who loves to work independently but can also rock it as part of a team.
- You are comfortable with numbers and metrics to monitor and manage your sales pipeline
- You have a Bachelor's degree.