Cash Management Specialist
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Loan Administration at Valon
The Loan Administration team powers all of the operations required to keep Valon running smoothly. From handling all servicing aspects related to special servicing, escrow, payment processing as well as default servicing, the Loan Administration team ensures that homeowners are continuing to get a first-class experience with Valon, all from behind the scenes.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Cash Management Specialist who will focus on research, payment application, payoff processing, and other transaction-related activities. This servicing position will play an integral role in our payment operations. We are looking for a candidate with sharp quantitative abilities, strong attention to detail, and the drive to ensure that our homeowner and investor funds are given the highest quality stewardship.
- Ensure all Cash functions are processed within compliance with Valon, investor, and/or regulatory requirements.
- Review and post payments received from unidentified checks, ACH, and wires to ensure timely and accurate allocation of funds.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of funds received for homeowner payments, suspense, foreclosures, bankruptcy and loss mitigation funds.
- Conduct research including, but not limited to, missing payments, reallocation requests, interpreting payment histories to verify payment posted data, and cash application to ensure proper handling and response.
- Process recast modification requests.
- Work closely with other departments in completing specific payment applications and disbursements.
- Process payoff funds and related payoff disbursements.
- Help inform product development and enhancements by synthesizing and delivering servicing process/platform feedback to senior leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years in a cashiering or payments role at a mortgage or financial company preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and time management abilities
- Sharp analytical and math skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quantitative strength
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally to solve complex problems
- Must be available to collaborate and communicate in regularly held in-person meetings
What We Can Offer:
- Compensation: competitive salary and partake in our performance bonus program and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, Bagel Fridays and regular Food Trucks on premise
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays