Mortgage Assistance SPOC
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Mortgage Assistance at Valon Mortgage
The Mortgage Assistance team is a group of organized and altruistic individuals who provide exceptional customer service to our homeowners who are currently facing financial hardship that directly impacts their ability to make monthly mortgage payments. This team will take ownership and provide support to homeowners by educating them on various Mortgage Assistance programs that are available and will guide them through the entire process in an attempt to prevent foreclosure. Equipped with extensive knowledge of the mortgage industry, each member prides themself on driving Valon's mission of championing homeownership.
About the Role
As a Mortgage Assistant Specialist, you will help build the Mortgage Assistance department from the ground up and operate the business day-to-day. The right candidate is a strong executor and enjoys tackling complex problems. You will prioritize and handle any default correspondence to include correctly identifying complaints and inquiries to ensure research is completed and perform other duties that may not be stated below but will be assigned by the default management team.
- Complete assigned queues within the assigned timeframe.
- Timely response to any client/investor, borrower, or internal inquiries both verbal and written in compliance with RESPA/Federal/State guidelines and in line with expectations set by Senior Leadership
- Contact the client as it applies to delinquent borrowers and default milestones – Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Loss Mitigation, Collections, Customer Service or general default servicing and portfolio questions.
- Review and monitor pre-foreclosure and foreclosure populations, Mortgage Assistance production reports, and any other default-related report weekly or as assigned.
- Respond accordingly to foreclosure attorney firms and handle any request for document execution, bidding instructions, account status updates, payoff and reinstatement quotes, or general account inquiries.
- Take financials from Valon mortgage customers to evaluate for all mortgage assistance plans
- Negotiate workout plans and draft trial/repayment/forbearance plans, and loss mitigation agreements as needed.
- Expertise in handling escalated delinquent accounts
- 1-3 years of collections and/or loss mitigation experience required
- Required knowledge of GSE workouts including, but not limited to Loan Modifications and Forbearances.
- Foreclosures and/or bankruptcy experience is a plus
- Independent judgment that will be heavily relied upon by Sr. Leadership Team
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to adapt to dynamic settings.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven Mortgage Servicing, Default Servicing, Portfolio Management, National Real Estate Management, and/or Pre-Foreclosure knowledge/experience.
- Servicing experience with GSE Loans
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of unique situations.
- Must be able to obtain NMLS license within 90 days of employment
What we can offer:
- Compensation: competitive salary and partake in our performance bonus program and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, Bagel Fridays and regular Food Trucks on premise
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays