About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
About the Role
We are looking for a Resolutions Specialist, who will reside within our Client Experience umbrella as this is a client-facing role. This person will be responsible for handling inbound and outbound emails with our homeowners as well as overflow inbound phone calls from our Client Engagement Team. This position plays a key role in ensuring that our homeowners receive the highest quality client service with their requests for research within our team, and critical contact center metrics are met. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, has great de-escalation skills, and is able to weave in and out of various parts of what is required within our business needs for Client Experience. You may be expected to flex between communication channels as the needs of the business change.
- Answer homeowner inquiries received from the contact center by conducting research and coordinating with back office teams for a resolution within a specific time frame to meet our Service Level Agreements for Client Experience.
- Respond via chat to homeowner inquiries received from the contact center by conducting research and coordinating with back office teams for a resolution within a specific time frame to meet our Service Level Agreements for Client Experience.
- Manage and respond to direct homeowner email inquiries with a sense of urgency and high caliber of quality.
- Handle inbound/outbound phone calls per department guidelines and standard operating procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Guide homeowners through questions and issues with their Account, Payments, Loan Transfers, Insurance and Taxes (Escrow), and other transactional inquiries
- Deep dive research and resolve all levels of homeowner inquiries and issues; for example escrow analysis breakdown, shortage review, misapplied payment, etc.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing homeowners with courteous, professional, and efficient email response
- Communicate with various internal departments on a regular basis for homeowner-related inquiries for a swift resolution to their queries.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and especially those within Client Experience.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred, with great attention to detail both written and verbal.
- Google Suite experience preferred.
- Mortgage experience or servicing experience preferred
- Experience using CRM software (e.g. Zendesk) preferred
- Ability to multi-task and navigate different platforms.
- Can type 45 WPM or more with 90% accuracy.
- Solid computer skills, including typing and navigation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with other business areas.
- Ability to de-escalate customer issues.
What we can offer:
- Compensation: competitive salary and partake in our performance bonus program and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, Bagel Fridays and regular Food Trucks on premise
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays