Loan Servicing Coordinator
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
About the Team
The Cash and Collateral Management teams manage the incoming and outgoing payments for both our homeowner’s and investors. We ensure timely processing of lien updates, cash movement, and special loan requests. We are detailed, deep researchers, and excellent problem resolvers. We take pride in our work and will do whatever is compliant to get the job done right.
About the Role
As a Loan Servicing Coordinator at Valon, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient servicing of mortgage loans, managing customer accounts, assisting in resolving customer inquiries and issues, and handling document management and mail distribution. You will work closely with various teams, including customer support, operations, and compliance, to ensure compliance with industry regulations and provide outstanding service to our clients and borrowers.
- Open, scan, and distribute incoming mail.
- Request collateral files from investor designated document custodians to ensure that all needed documentation is obtained (within specific SLAs) to efficiently process Payoffs, Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy, and Foreclosure proceedings.
- Check-in and process collateral files timely.
- Process outgoing mail for Loan Administration.
- Ensure requested documentation is accurately completed within specific task SLAs.
- Update Mortgage Electronic Records System, Inc. (MERS) database to ensure adequate reporting of changes.
- Review daily task queue and exception reports to ensure completion of assigned duties within specific SLAs.
- Update and annotate all actions/follow-ups processed on loans in all appropriate systems.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Basic understanding of mortgage servicing industry, preferably in the mortgage servicing industry.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Professional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be proficient in Google Apps (Sheets, Docs,etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in using loan servicing software and fintech tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Previous experience in loan servicing or mortgage-related roles is highly desirable
- Familiarity with mortgage servicing software systems
- Strong knowledge of mortgage industry regulations, including RESPA and TILA
- Experience in document management and record-keeping
- Customer service experience in a financial services environment is a plus
What we can offer:
- Compensation: competitive salary and partake in our 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, Bagel Fridays and regular Food Trucks on premise
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays