Property Insurance Manager
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Loan Administration at Valon
The Loan Administration Department powers all of the operations required to keep Valon running smoothly. From handling all servicing aspects related to special servicing, escrow, payment processing as well as default servicing, the Loan Administration Department ensures that homeowners are continuing to get a first-class experience with Valon, all from behind the scenes.
About the Role
We are looking for a Property Insurance Manager who will manage our property insurance team but is also able to navigate throughout multiple facets of the escrow sector of a fast-growing technology and operations-focused business. This role is responsible for leading the team and maintaining records on mortgaged properties and accurate and timely payment of insurance disbursements on escrow and non-escrow accounts. This role monitors the work of the outsourced vendors to ensure disbursements are paid on time from customer escrow accounts. The Property Insurance Manager will also provide direct assistance to the homeowner by resolving disbursement related issues. You'll be working closely with other Escrow teams, as this team and vertical continue to grow!
- Ensure that day-to-day operations are completed successfully for the servicing business, including the movement of checks and wire funds relating to escrow, the maintenance of escrow lines in the system, the timely procurement and accurate processing of refunds, and resolution for any delinquent or late payments
- Distributes and assigns work depending on various factors including workload and available resources.
- Actively identifies opportunities for cross-training across the team.
- Observes performance in detail and work with employees to improve performance.
- Ensure that adequate Flood Insurance is maintained on all applicable properties.
- Help build out the property insurance team and operationalize payment related processes by creating training materials, writing standard operating procedures, documenting best practices, and driving the adoption of new procedures
- Act as internal subject matter expert for all property insurance payment related processes
- Review control reports to certify compliance with state, regulatory, and investor guidelines
- Liaise between all third-party vendors and ensure escalations are responded to timely and accurately
- Actively works to establish processes that are proactive, efficient and cost-effective.
- Complete various audits for the monthly vendor scorecard
- Drive process efficiencies and improvements across servicing escrow operations
- Assist with informing product development and enhancements by synthesizing and delivering servicing process/platform feedback to senior leadership
- Lead other escrow responsibilities and projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience at a mortgage servicing company within property insurance and have management experience.
- Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae servicing experience preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and logical reasoning abilities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to solve business problems and handle change management in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to implement solutions in a collaborative manner
- Must be available to collaborate and communicate in regularly held in-person meetings
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 17 vacation days, 5 sick days, and 11 paid company holidays
- Monthly lunch stipends (groceries qualify!)
- Commuter benefits
- PC Laptop