HR Business Partner, Phoenix
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
People at Valon
People are what make Valon great, and investing in People drives the business forward. As a member of the People team, you will work at the heart of our growth: our people. We are focusing on scaling our business to even greater heights by guiding the growth of our internal teams.
About the Role
As an HR Business Partner, you will support your primary client group, Valon Mortgage, by administering Valon-wide People Team programs such as performance review cycles, compensation reviews, engagement surveys, and more. You will partner with business leaders in the Phoenix office to support them through employee leaves and accommodations, performance management, investigations as needed, internal mobility, and other daily needs. You will serve as an internal coach to different levels of people managers and leaders across the Valon Mortgage organization.
This role requires context-shifting between priorities and prioritization within a diverse client group. We’re looking for someone who can effectively work cross-functionally, collaborate with a remote manager in a different timezone, represent the needs of their business in order to give input to Valon-wide People programs, and execute existing Valon processes end-to-end.
The role will report directly into the Vice President of Operations.
- Partner with Valon Mortgage business leaders to administer Valon-wide People Team programs (e.g. performance management, compensation reviews, manager training programs, etc.)
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues for the site and administer any leaves or accommodations needed
- Provide input on People Team initiatives and policies using knowledge of how Valon Mortgage operates
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to foster a positive atmosphere
- Mentor, coach, and build Valon managers by providing direction, knowledge, and support to create a high-performing organization
- Call upon your People experience to help guide leadership through succession planning, performance management, promotion opportunities, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field or a certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP
- Working knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, specifically in Arizona
- Proven track record of administering People programs such as performance management, compensation reviews, manager coaching, and more
- 5+ years of HR experience, preferably in a generalist capacity
- Broad familiarity with multiple HR functions
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a bias toward action; flexible and adaptable in approach
- Compensation: Competitive salary and the opportunity to partake in our performance bonus program and 401k plan.
- Health & well-being: We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, a One Medical membership, and Talkspace.
- Food & meals: In-office snacks and drinks, Bagel Fridays, and regular food trucks on premise.
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company-wide orientation for you to successfully onboard alongside other learning and development opportunities, including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback.
- Play together: Quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes, or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days of paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays.