Senior Product Manager - Banking
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
About the team
Valon’s Product team is a growing, fast-paced team with a goal of building a mortgage servicing platform that both empowers mortgage servicing agents to focus on providing exceptional services and also delivers a phenomenally transparent product experience to homeowners. As a product manager at Valon, you will own a business area within the product and lead the creation and execution of the product strategy. Our product is at the unique stage where you’ll have the opportunity to build multiple 0 to1 features, but also scale and iterate on existing MVP features and product experiences. You’ll be working closely with our VP of Product and world-class engineering team to create a product that delivers value to homeowners, mortgage servicing agents, and mortgage lenders.
About the role
On the Banking team at Valon, our mission is to empower all product areas to handle money in an accurate and fully reconcilable way. We’re looking for an experienced product manager to join the Banking platform team. You must be excited about building robust and scalable money movement infrastructure to power Valon’s end-to-end servicing system. You should be eager to learn about complicated business space with high correctness requirements, and comfortable with change in an environment with lots of moving pieces. You'll define product and infrastructure solutions that unlock developer velocity across Valon’s money-related engineering teams while balancing the need for accuracy and robustness.
For well-qualified candidates, Valon is open to considering them for a staff level position, which would likely involve taking on additional responsibilities and having a more senior role within the product team.
- Define, own, and deliver business-level objectives and product strategy for our banking infrastructure based on a deep understanding of customer needs, the product, and industry trends.
- Productize and lead new product initiatives in our money movement business.
- Tackle challenging, complex problems that play a central role in how our ecosystem ingests, moves, reconciles, disperses funds across our thousands of customers and clients and partners.
- Ensure that our banking infrastructure can support our business growth that includes 10x+ loans and 10-15 new client partners in the next 12 months
- Maintain technical scalability for the core money movement infrastructure to handle client teams’s time-sensitive movement flows
- Build reconciliation infrastructure to meet all external and internal stakeholder expectations to track when, where, and why any funds moved in the servicing system
- Define and execute on a clear banking platform vision that is robust and reconcilable that unlocks client team developer velocity (and ultimately, abstracted)
- Build trust and strong relationships with client team and finance stakeholders so that the overall product area is aligned and marching towards the same vision.
- You have 4+ years of experience working with reconciliation, fund movement infrastructure, and/or financial platform infrastructure
- You are highly technical, and understand what it takes to build enterprise-grade software and robust system.
- You have a proven track record of building infrastructure at scale through strong partnerships with engineering.
- You can influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- You have highly effective written communication skills, presentation techniques, meeting management, and team building skills.
- You feel fulfilled by the challenge of reevaluating existing processes and discovering ways to maximize their efficiency
- You thrive in ambiguity, you can iterate and deliver products quickly
- You value speed over perfection
What we can offer:
- Base Compensation: $166,000 to $194,000; a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, and $400 monthly stipend towards your lunches or groceries
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: flexible paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays
- Baby bonding time! 3 months off for birthing parents and 2 months off for non-birthing parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition