About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Client Experience at Valon
The Client Experience Department is a group of organized and altruistic individuals who provide exceptional customer service to our homeowners. Whether they take ownership of collections, manage default processes, or solve customer issues in real-time, the team acts as the bridge between Valon Mortgage and our customers. Equipped with extensive knowledge of the mortgage industry, each member prides themself on driving Valon’s mission of championing homeownership.
About the role
We are looking for a client support and collections team member who wants to build an industry-leading contact center. As a Collections Team Member, you will be responsible for contact center operations, including, but not limited to, debt collections, solving customer issues in real-time, which is a fast-paced role with some sales aspects pertaining to collections. The right candidate is a driven and motivational agent who can adapt to a fast-paced environment and wants to build the future of the homeowner experience.
- Oversee and provide assistance and support to homeowners in financial difficulty by identifying mutually agreeable payment arrangements, maintaining excellent customer service and relationship building
- Review and submit accounts for loan workout arrangements such as extensions, modifications, forbearances, and re-payment plans
- Proactively identify gaps in processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Work in accordance with consumer privacy laws and company procedures.
- Mentor other collectors on a day to day basis and lead department projects and initiatives as required
- Contact debtors via telephone and email regarding status of the account, late fees and credit reporting.
- Perform skip tracking to locate debtors with incorrect contact information.
- Document and maintain all incoming and outgoing collection efforts within our company platforms.
- Address inquiries and issues of debtors in a timely and professional manner.
- Navigate through different platforms- must have the ability to multitask
- Triage and respond to customer escalations and complaints.
- Drive process efficiencies and improvements across all customer support and collections activities.
- Help test and manage various contact center tools and platforms
- Work cross-functionally with peers across various stages of the customer lifecycle, wearing “multiple hats”
- 3+ years of experience in a collections role within the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of loan calculations including APR, amortization schedules, and simple interest calculations
- Strong knowledge of the financial service industry regulations including FDCPA, FCRA, and TCPA
- Proficient with Google Office and other web-based applications
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Salesforce, or other common CRM tools
- Experience directly with workforce tools or partnering with workforce management teams
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to professionally handle sensitive documentation
- Previous skip tracing experience.
- Professional communication and listening skills with the ability to ask questions in determining member needs and overcome objections
- Proficient knowledge with a core banking system
- Compensation: competitive salary and partake in our performance bonus program and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, Bagel Fridays and regular Food Trucks on premise
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays