Investor Reporting Analyst
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Investor Reporting at Valon
The Investor Reporting Team at Valon is responsible for executing the reporting of mortgage data and movement of funds to both agency and non-agency investors. We are a team of mortgage and technology professionals working side by side to create automation and efficiency using Valon’s proprietary servicing system. We strive to shape a modernized Investor Reporting system while maintaining a strong level of precision in order to meet the requirements and guidelines of our investors.
About the Role
As a member of the Investor Reporting team, you will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Investor Reporting Team including daily and monthly reporting and remitting to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Non-GSE investors. Along with these day-to-day operations, you will be working alongside management and other cross-functional stakeholders to help scale processes, assist in the creation of new reporting processes, and identify areas for improvement. As an Investor Reporting Analyst, you will be able to bring a strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines. The right candidate has an eye for process improvement and is looking to make a meaningful contribution to an industry-leading FinTech company adding automation to the servicing industry.
- Execute and problem-solve in day-to-day operations for the Investor Reporting business
- Assist in timely reporting, remittance, and reconciliation of the mortgage portfolios to investors
- Improve and advise on process efficiencies within Investor Reporting
- Assist in product development from a servicing process and servicing platform lens alongside management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- 1+ years of experience in an investor reporting or finance function
- Familiarity with large data set analysis in Excel
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Finance or accounting degree or 2-3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role
- Must be available to collaborate and communicate in regularly held in-person meetings
- Compensation: competitive salary and partake in our performance bonus program and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, Bagel Fridays and regular Food Trucks on premise
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays