Special Products Team Manager
About the Company
Valon’s mission is to empower every homeowner. We believe the journey of home ownership starts when you get your keys, but lasts far beyond. We’re creating a world where home ownership comes with ease, security, and financial know-how. Our growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing—the process of paying off one’s mortgage—Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Special Products & Loans at Valon
Valon’s Special Products Team is responsible for managing core business processes for SCRA-protected loans, MERS, ARMs, successors in interest, co-ops, assumptions, and partial release requests. We are a team of creative individuals who approach servicing challenges with an innovative mindset. We aim to help homeowners resolve special servicing needs while providing a first-class experience with Valon, all from behind the scenes.
About the role
As a Special Products Team Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the Special Products team to ensure processes are completed within compliance, department SLA, and provide outstanding service to our clients and borrowers. You will partner with the Special Products Department Manager to document procedures, identify process gaps, and provide domain knowledge and expertise.
- Plan, direct, and organize workflow for the special products team to ensure the most efficient use of resources and required SLAs are met.
- Resolve complex problems, issues, or questions to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain productive cross-functional working relationships.
- Review special products' job functions and make suggestions for streamlining functions, improving efficiency, and increasing the accuracy and quality of work.
- Oversee, review, and assist with all special product functions including, but not limited to: SCRA-protected loans, MERS, ARMs, successors in interest, co-ops, assumptions, and partial release requests.
- Perform loan maintenance as needed, ensuring changes are authorized prior to input and correctly applied in the servicing system.
- Monitor all ARM loans to ensure timely and accurate payment change notifications.
- Keep senior leadership informed of changes/issues affecting team and overall operations
- Manage team metrics; establish and monitor team performance and quality through productivity models and business line testing.
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and resources to execute their assigned functions and develop skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, delegation, training, and performance management.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and ensure special products servicing activities are performed in compliance with, all investor, state, and federal servicing laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of special servicing experience
- 1+ years experience in people management
- Must be comfortable working in a startup environment
- Experience creating and developing new policy
- Excellent attention to detail and time management abilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Compensation: competitive salary and partake in our performance bonus program and 401k plan
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, One medical membership, and Talkspace to provide mental health support
- Food & meals: in-office snacks and drinks, and $400 monthly stipend towards your lunches or groceries
- Commuter benefits: We offer pre-tax deductions for public transportation, rideshare services, and parking expenses to make your commute more affordable and convenient.
- Grow together: Company wide orientation for you to successfully onboard and other learning & development opportunities including regular review cycles that feature 360 degree feedback
- Play together: quarterly budgets for team and company outings. Use it for team swag, cooking classes or team dinners!
- Generous time off: 17 days paid time off, sick days, and 11 company holidays