Senior Software Engineer, Data
Ternary seeks a Senior Data Engineer to join our journey to build the best FinOps cost management platform in the market to help engineers, finance analysts and business leaders optimize every dollar spent on cloud computing in their companies.
- Are a passionate team of people who are devoted to building the platform that would have best helped us (engineers, finance analysts, leadership) with cloud financial management (aka FinOps) in our past positions.
- Have a founding team with deep experience - many of our team members were early employees at the largest of products in the FinOps space and have seen the movie before. We have built an evolved platform in the space and have Enterprise product market fit.
- Have Enterprise customers operating at scale.
- Are well-funded and with plenty of runway to succeed.
- Uphold a high bar by participating in technical discussions, providing feedback on specs, and making recommendations.
- Are excited to own new initiatives and take them from A to Z.
- Create data platforms, data lakes, and data ingestion systems that work at scale
- Ship and own high-impact products end-to-end with high quality.
- Are an empathetic person and active listener who loves building solutions to help others.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Maintain and enhance an enterprise-grade ELT stack based on BigQuery and written in Go. If there's cloud-based billing or usage data that exists out there, we want to ingest and activate it into our platform in the most secure and performant way possible.
- Use the latest Google Cloud functionality to deliver features more easily and more reliably. Keep our cloud footprint clean and documented using Terraform.
- Share responsibility for day-to-day operation of our platform by periodically participating in an on-call rotation.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working with systems and products operating at a significant technical and organizational scale.
- Have experience in data warehouses and query engines, or classic Big Data technologies: BigQuery in particular, Redshift, Athena, Snowflake, Hadoop and/or Spark.
- Support reporting, data science, operations and machine learning functions.
- Define and enforce data quality checks and audits for code warehousing datasets.
- Have a vision for building a data ecosystem for engineers, analysts and data scientists.
Comp and benefits:
- Company sponsored travel to interact with colleagues several times a year.
- We provide a PC or Mac laptop, generous health benefits, 401(k) plan, and a WFH budget for you to set up your home office.
- The team culture is the best of what you would expect to see at a startup combined with a level of maturity you would see at a much larger company.
The estimated base salary for this role ranges from $150,000-$185,000, along with a generous equity component. This range is merely an estimate, and the width of the range reflects a willingness to consider candidates with broad prior seniority. Actual compensation may deviate from this range based on skills, experience, and qualifications.
At Ternary, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Ternary is a remote-first company.