Team8 Fintech-Business Research Manager
Team8 is a venture group that builds and invests in technology companies at the intersection of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, data, fintech, digital health, enterprise software, and infrastructure. We rethink ventures to give entrepreneurs an unfair advantage, accelerating success in an increasingly competitive landscape. Team8’s leadership team includes primarily operators with valuable experience and diversified perspectives. It includes unicorn founders, bank and fintech CEOs, and former leaders of Unit 8200, Israel’s elite military technology and intelligence agency.
Team8 is hiring an exceptional Business Research Manager to join its fintech foundry in Tel Aviv. In this role, you will lead business research initiatives in support of Team8’s company creation, ideation, and validation processes. The research is an integral part of our ambitious effort to tackle significant opportunities, create category-leading companies, and dramatically increase their chances of success.
As part of the business research role, you will lead research and analysis initiatives around the following areas at Team8’s fintech foundry:
- Market research to support our Ideation processes, including driving research of problems and opportunities, analysis of competitive landscapes, trends, and more
- Participate in and extract insights from the validation process of companies we create and help crystalize opportunities and conclusions.
- Support the Foundry’s portfolio companies with business analysis activities in their process of defining product/market fit and as they gear up towards further rounds of raising capital.
- Thought leadership activities support the positioning of the foundry, including identifying and monitoring market trends and preparing reports, white papers, articles, blog posts, speaking engagements material, and more.
We are looking for an independent team player who is curious, hard-working, comfortable with numbers, and with previous experience in market research and competitive analysis. You need to be process-driven, extremely organized and detail-oriented, and capable of digesting massive amounts of information into clear and well-articulated conclusions.
In this role, you will play a key part in creating and managing processes, projects, and initiatives and working closely with the vehicle’s domain experts, the broader platform team, as well as with the founders of our portfolio companies.
- At least 4 years of experience in market research and analysis
- Deep Fintech domain knowledge and expertise
- Analytical, tech-savvy, and works well with numbers, spreadsheets, and reporting tools.
- Native proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Comfortable jumping from one topic to another and collaborating with multiple stakeholders, able to go wide or deep
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience having worked in a fintech company (fintech, digital banking, insurance, crypto, e-commerce, or payments)
- Prior experience in product roles, venture capital, strategic consulting, or market research firms
- Financial background/education
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field