Strategic Bank Partnerships Manager
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We’re Looking For
As the Strategic Bank Partnerships Manager, you will play a critical role in overseeing bank relationships and fostering long-term partnerships that drive revenue growth and market expansion.
As the Strategic Bank Partnerships Manager, your mission is to execute our bank partnerships strategy, originate new relationships where appropriate, and nurture relationships to help our bank partners derive the maximum value from Synctera’s products and services.
What excites you every day is knowing you will be leading the charge to drive your partners’ adoption of the platform and influence their engagement in our FinTech marketplace ecosystem. You’ll do this by developing strategic goals and objectives, sharing best practices, and identifying new opportunities. We are looking for someone who is willing to go ‘the extra mile’ for each partner bank and who will have a meaningful impact on the way we do business.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute the business development strategy for banks on our BaaS platform, aligning with the company's growth objectives
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, product management, marketing, and legal, to ensure seamless execution of strategic initiatives and successful implementation of solutions
- Stay updated on industry trends, and regulatory changes within the banking and FinTech sectors, providing market insights and guidance to internal stakeholders
- Create strong partnerships with our bank partners by understanding their goals, serving as their advocate, and guiding them on their customer journey
- Grow the partnership with existing bank partners by creating strategic alliances and presenting new product opportunities to meet their business goals
- Create the partnership strategy for new banks, and evaluate opportunities to expand our bank ecosystem to shape the future of Synctera’s platform
- Serve as the bank’s primary guide during the process of being matched with FinTech programs, presenting the opportunity, answering inquiries, and coordinating the end-to-end process
- Conduct demos, workshops, and training with our bank partners to drive optimum adoption and engagement
- Drive revenue retention and referenceability with your bank partnerships
What You’ll Bring
- Proven track record of at least 4 to 7 years in business development or partnerships, with a focus on overseeing strategic accounts, and including experience working with banks or similar financial institutions
- Ability to build, maintain, and influence relationships with key decision-makers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships, while also having the EQ and agility to understand the requirements of FinTech customers and Synctera
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who brings a problem-solving mindset, who can identify areas for improvement, and who takes proactive steps to seek solutions
- Experience using CRM tools
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements related to banks and FinTechs.
- Ability to travel
- MBA a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
The salary range for this full-time position (USD: $130,000- $155,000) is determined by role, level, and location. The range informed in this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US and Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay will be determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant training, and other factors.
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.