Payment Operations Lead
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
About The Role
As the Payment Operations Lead, you are owning the completion of all things Operations; if you see a gap in the process, you will take the lead to own the resolution of that gap. This can range from investigating a payment to driving the build of a new process that will support our team. You will help ensure the experience of our Banks and FinTechs are smooth from their time of go-live and work to streamline the process between internal teams and external partners. The role is fast-paced and you will wear many hats to help build the Operations team and provide excellent customer experience.
In addition, you will contribute in implementing operational efficiencies, defining SLA’s and key metrics to ensure proper oversight and transparency of the team exists. Further to this, you will help to build out robust processes, where ownership is clearly defined and understood. This is a cross-functional role that will require close partnering with internal stakeholders and teams to identify points of friction, deep-diving operational problem areas, resolving escalations, and gathering data to support projects and product launches. We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter.
You are a payments expert, you have a deep understanding of the card network. You are agile and resilient. You like to get your hands dirty and build from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as one of the payment ops point of contact for internal stakeholders across the company
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to build out critical ops tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues
- Build dashboards and reporting and manage operations towards continuous improvement against key SLAs.
- Monitor and triage tickets raised by FinTechs
- Be nimble in your approach to build a process
- See a problem, drive the problem to resolution
- Create transparency for internal and external stakeholders on the health of the team / process
- Manage and develop internal and BPO team members
- Help build, recruit and manage a small team of either perm or BPO resources
- You have keen attention to detail and a problem solving machine, you will be pivotal in the day-to-day operations of Synctera’s current Core (ledger and reconciliation) and Payment (ACH, p2p, cards) products
- You will contribute and help prioritize a runbook for all operational payment processes and procedures including ongoing updates with the product roadmap
- Document, document, document; ensure new asks are well understood and documented for smooth training and transition
- Be flexible, this role and the shape of the team will evolve as Synctera grows
- Be ready to drive your path, not all processes are known or defined therefore you will be an owner of defining of all what needs to be achieved
Who You Are
- 5+ years of financial services experience
- Deep understanding payment flows and the card network
- Analytical in nature
- You don’t shy away from complex problems and are enthusiastic to learn and get involved in a problem
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and asking questions
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who thrives in ambiguity
- You have a customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic personality
- Passionate about global and emerging payments technologies, product solutions, and operational frameworks
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
The salary range for this full-time position (USD: $100,000- $150,000, CAD: $75,000-$130,000) is determined by role, level, and location. The range informed in this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US and Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay will be determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant training, and other factors.
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.