AML & Fraud Operations, Analyst (Canada)
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We’re Looking For
Synctera’s compliance team in Canada is growing and we are looking for an enthusiastic and creative analyst to lead our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Fraud Operations team in Canada. You will be involved in designing and scaling compliance operations for a variety of financial products and services, and have the opportunity to work with numerous bank, fintech, paytech, and corporate teams. If you’re excited about an opportunity to be an early, integral member of an ambitious team supporting new products in Canada, this role is for you!
You will serve as the AML and Fraud expert supporting our partners and guiding the delivery of an effective compliance program. You will manage day-to-day operations as well as drive the design of new programs and processes, as needed. We are looking for someone who is analytical, has an innovative mindset, can confidently manage important stakeholder relationships, and execute on an efficient operationalization plan. This role is highly production oriented and you must be able to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement AML policies and procedures for a variety of products and services
- Provide expert guidance to partners and teams on AML and fraud compliance
- Implement procedures around set-up and use of AML & Fraud software, and manage the relevant rule sets across programs
- Work with our bank partners to configure AML rules and scenarios based on the risk profile of our clients;
- Conduct product risk assessments and implement risk-based programs
- Lead case management and investigations; monitor for unusual activity
- Investigate fraud alerts that generate in our case platform and determine whether or not fraud has occurred
- Review suspicious transactions and report them to regulatory authorities
- Identify financial crime trends and report to the team and management
- Support in the delivery of AML training to employees
- Work with the broader compliance team in support of a holistic compliance program, and liaise with external stakeholders as required
- Work closely with Product and Implementation teams on product requirements and enhancements
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in managing Canadian AML and/or Fraud compliance programs and investigations for consumer and/or corporate programs, including external audits
- Experience setting up, monitoring, and managing AML and Fraud rule sets
- Experience working with payments and card programs; demonstrated knowledge of card and payments-related fraud, including adapting to new risks and fraud vectors
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification an asset
- Deep understanding of Canadian AML regulations and guidance; working with US frameworks an asset
- Interest in and appreciation for evolving regulatory frameworks and their impact on products and consumers
- Experience making risk-based decisions within a framework and communicating your reasoning to stakeholders
- Strategic and analytical thinking to establish an effective and appropriate approach and then execute at scale
- Ability to prioritize against competing priorities and communicate with stakeholders effectively
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated empathy for the client experience
- Enthusiasm for working with product teams and partners to enable new innovative banking products
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.