Sandbox Banking (https://sandboxbanking.com) is looking for an exceptional Account Manager who wants to reshape financial services infrastructure by ensuring that consumers and businesses have access to fintech software within their banking institutions. We have rapidly growing revenue, customers that love our product and investment from Y Combinator (W17) and Horizon VC. We are a distributed team with employees across the United States.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Sandbox Banking empowers Financial Institutions and fintech vendors to quickly and safely build new integrations — our Glyue application lets anyone who can use Excel formulas connect banking systems. Furthermore, the platform’s fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations. As our anchor customer success manager, you will be responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution and completion of data integrations projects. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvements as our network grows exponentially.
Who will love this job:
- You get things done and love working in a dynamic environment with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You are constantly curious and thrive on tackling problems and finding solutions
You are an excellent communicator with a knack for explaining complex technical processes concisely to non-technical audiences.
- You are self motivated, have a bias toward action, and resiliently adapt to changes and competing demands.
- You excel at anticipating risks and developing plans to mitigate them.
- You are excited to bring best practices and new ideas to a dynamic organization.
We are searching for a dynamic, Account Manager candidate who is proactive and passionate about Glyue and the banks and credit unions we serve. This position also brings customer success values to the role, including:
Care: You work as a partner and advocate for your clients – balancing urgency with empathy. You are invested in the outcome – for each client, and for Sandbox Banking.
Driven: You have a strong drive to complete tasks and hit realistic deadlines created between yourself and the customer.
Respect: You will be the liaison between the customer and our internal Team and will communicate often and respectfully.
Accountable: You take ownership of mistakes and use them as motivation to improve. You build trust by leading with transparency and integrity.
You are expected to manage a portfolio of accounts and cultivate consistent growth through acting as a strategic advisor to our customers.
Our Account Manager will build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with their contacts, always striving to find the products which best fit the individual needs of the customer. They also aid internal departments by collecting information, such as sales leads or testimonials, NPS scoring, assisting in the processing and analysis of client data and complaints, and identifying industry trends. They will help deliver new products and collect insights from customers’ usage of the product. A big portion of Sandbox Banking’s growth will be from understanding existing client’s needs and introducing them to new solutions that we can provide – account managers will drive this portion of growth.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for a portfolio of customer accounts
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Build out & maintain an updated client plan
- understand relevant groups and the whole organization with a path to creating relationships with them
- gather product feedback and deliver that back into internal product group
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. NPS, quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Upsell – identify & execute on revenue opportunities
- Engage internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Continue to build, iterate and document internal processes
To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients. The candidate will have the ability to:
- Communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Concisely communicate complex ideas in writing & verbally.
- Strategically grow revenue within the right product set.
Cultivate customer relationships grounded in trust, transparency, and mutual respect.
Ensure a customer is set up successfully for the longevity of the partnership through creating an account plan at the time of a closed deal, facilitating orientation sessions at the time of go-live, and socializing relevant new opportunities and partnerships.
- Monitor analytics and performance metrics to provide recommendations on actions the customer can take to better utilize Glyue to achieve value.
- Your customers have a good experience (NPS), realize value (customer health score), and renew their contract (retention).
- You’ve built successful relationships with customers, grounded in trust.
Prior experience includes –
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Customer Success Manager, Sales Account Manager, or similar role carrying quota
- 2+ years of client-facing experience,
Understanding and experience in banking: whether at a bank, credit union, or selling into one
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience in the following areas will be considered a bonus:
- Early-stage startups
- Remote work
- SaaS products, including tools like
- Information security and regulatory compliance
- Salesforce, Fiserv, FIS or Jack Henry core banking systems
Traits that will see the candidate succeed within our culture are:
- intellectual curiosity
- confident humility
- comfortability, if not thriving, in fluid & ambiguous environment
- proactivity – dealing with and resolving client related issues
- ability to be laser-focused when there are many things going on
- have a good sense of humor….we all need it!
Salary will be competitive for our stage of company, and the role includes a variable compensation package and stock option package that provides upside. It’s important to us that our early employees win if the company succeeds. Sandbox Banking offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits to our employees including Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits and a 401k program with company contributions.
Compensation range for the position is $110,000 – 120,000 US Dollars annually.