Sandbox Banking is looking for an exceptional Support Engineer who wants to reshape financial services infrastructure by ensuring that consumers and businesses have access to fintech software within their banking institutions. We have rapidly growing revenue, customers that love our product and investment from Y Combinator (W17) and Horizon VC. We are a distributed team with employees across the United States.
Sandbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Sandbox Banking provides financial institutions (FIs) a better way to integrate fintech software with their existing systems through our low-code fintech integration builder – Glyue.
North American regional/community banks and credit unions are overhauling the digital experiences they deliver to customers. Increasingly, they solve this challenge by sourcing software from fintechs — companies that specialize in building and operating financial services software. The fintechs can be existing vendors like FIS, Fiserv or Salesforce, newer entrants like nCino, Five9 or Snowflake, and many that are at an earlier stage. Unfortunately, distributing new software to FIs has historically been a long and painful process because of data security and system integration hurdles.
Sandbox empowers FIs and vendors to quickly and safely build new fintech integrations — our Glyue tool lets anyone who can use Excel formulas participate in connecting banking systems. Think ‘Turbotax for banking integration’. Furthermore, the platform’s fine-grained authentication and permissions model provides FIs with strict control over which people/software can access particular banking data and operations.
FIs and fintechs love the platform. FIs are able to quickly and cost-effectively leverage cutting-edge solutions without compromising on integration; fintechs don’t need to spend time and money on activities outside of core product development and distribution.
Why Work at Sandbox?
- Small team that is growing fast— your impact will quickly be meaningful.
- Teammates who are smart, curious, and driven to succeed. You will always be learning.
- You’ll be joining a rocketship company with rapid revenue growth, a significant client base (80+ banks and credit unions), enterprise fintech partners (nCino, Blend, Upstart, every publicly traded core provider in N.America), prestigious investors (e.g. Y Combinator, SixThirty, Horizon VC), and great unit economics. There are a myriad of benefits to working for a company that wins.
- Ownership of problems from start to finish.
- Significant customer interaction.
- Your ideas and opinions about the product will matter.
- Everyone in our company contributes to our product roadmap.
- You’ll learn skills and technologies useful to your broader professional development.
- Remote-first organization that provides geographic flexibility (although all employees must live within the US).
- Competitive Base Salary and variable compensation package.
- You’ll watch your work transform an entire industry
What You’ll Do
- Interact directly with clients to provide expert-level support for Glyue platform
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues and provide guidance to clients
- Utilize Python to develop custom solutions and enhance support efficiency
- Create, organize, and maintain documentation, making it easily accessible for other support team members and clients.
- Natural problem solver who enjoys researching, understanding and fixing technical problems.
- Extreme empathy for technology users, dedicated to making the customer happy.
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment.
- Motivated to educate users on product features with a focus on self-sufficiency.
- Committed to documenting repeatable solutions for use internally and externally.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on seeing a resolution through to completion.
- Ability to prioritize a queue of issues based on urgency.
- 2+ years of experience in supporting a technical SAAS product.
- Attention to detail as it relates to creating documentation, tracking errors and managing/troubleshooting client installations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Conceptual understanding of APIs and Middleware (REST, SOAP, gRPC).
- Professional experience with Jira or a similar ticketing system.
- Professional experience with Python or a similar scripting language.
- Professional experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM system.
- Professional experience with Confluence or a similar document management system.
- Startup or early stage company exposure.
- Banking/Finance/FinTech exposure.
- Banking core (Fiserv, FIS, Jack Henry) exposure.
- Software integration and/or data engineering exposure.
- Information security and regulatory compliance exposure.
- Ability to travel for one week, twice per year to an all-hands onsite.
- Legal authorization to work for Sandbox Banking. NOTE: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.