Sales Director, SMB & Mid-Market
Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, trade and report on 401(k) and other retirement accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
We're looking for an experienced go-to-market leader to join our NYC-based team and scale our New Business Development function. You will be responsible for assembling, developing, and managing a world-class organization of Account Executives responsible for maintaining our company’s steep growth trajectory. The role is highly strategic, and will involve cross-functional coordination with Marketing, Customer Support, and RevOps.
- Oversee a team of SMB and Mid-Market Account Executives, providing ongoing coaching, mentorship, and opportunities for career development.
- Coach and mentor Account Executives on sales tactics and serve as the escalation point in negotiations.
- Collaborate with RevOps to create territories, continually improve our sales process, measurement, and build repeatability and predictability in our revenue org.
- 5+ year’s professional experience and success in a key new business development management role (experience in SaaS sales preferred)
- Strong leadership skills, with experience building a positive sales environment where candid feedback is given and received, reps collaborate and win together, and all team members love coming to work.
- Highly data-driven approach, with an analytical lens toward building sales strategy and best practices
- Magnet for talent, capable of developing a culture that attracts a team of world class reps.
- Playbook for identifying and systematizing sales best practices.
- Capable of leading conversations with Marketing to generate pipelines and develop sales collateral.
- Collaborative team player, able to coordinate internal stakeholders and gain buy-in.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Base Salary: $140K - $160K, OTE dependent on experience
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO day
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?