Sales Engineer, Strategic
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income, and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
What are we looking for?
Pinwheel is looking for a talented Strategic Sales Engineer with deep technical understanding of API Platforms and how to best implement API services. Your strong communication skills will ensure that prospects and customers are well informed and responded to in a helpful and professional manner. As a strong team player, our Sales Engineer will interface with Product Management, Engineering, and Operations, and demonstrate the ability and skill set to help with other pods in building out integrations and API guides
What will you be doing?
You will be a key factor in driving Pinwheel’s next stage of growth. More concretely, you will:
- Partner with Account Executives to win strategic deals and drive revenue
- Serve as the technical point of contact for prospects throughout the sales cycles
- Be responsible for having a deep technical understanding of the Pinwheel Platform
- Help translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights. This is a cross-functional role that will drive customer requests, competitive product ideas, and work to ensure Pinwheel is a best-in-class platform.
What skills are necessary?
- 8-10 years experience in Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering
- Experience working with Enterprise customers (Traditional Financial Institutions is a plus)
- Passion and demonstrated experience in understanding complex systems (APIs, database,etc), and finding solutions to technical problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a client-facing role.
- Demonstrable track record of being scrappy, and finding creative solutions to tough, and oftentimes ambiguous problems
- Early-stage startup experience is a plus, but not required
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, Pinwheel requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as permitted under applicable law.