People Operations Lead
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
At Pinwheel, the mission of the people team is to amplify everything human. As our team grows and evolves, we’re looking to bring on a senior hire in New York. You’ll be responsible for driving excellence across all operations that relate to employee productivity and performance, hybrid experiences, development, and culture building for all Pinwheelies. We strive to be a high performing organization that supports, engages, grows, and retains top and diverse talent, and your mission will be to enhance that experience here. You’ll report into our Head of People and play a critical role in setting the vision and direction of the people function.
What will you be doing?
- Build end to end HR operations and company communications policies for processes and programs.
- Deliver processes that are simple, clear, and that amplify employee capabilities.
- Create and maintain an inclusive, productive, and high performance team culture.
- Strategize, design, and implement learning and development programs in the people function to build success on all levels within the organization.
- Develop performance management processes.
- Drive key cultural initiatives in the diversity, equity, and inclusion domain.
- Be a point-of-contact for employee questions regarding benefits, compensation, systems, performance, and more.
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 7+ years of experience in HR and People Operations with a track record of enhancing and elevating employee experiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with an ability to successfully synthesize people insights, create initiatives, and execute autonomously.
- Strong experience in wide range of HR program management such as management development, performance amplification, employee relations, DEI initiatives, talent management, benefits, compensation, and learning & development programs.
- A people-centric mindset, with a passion for building strong connectivity amongst teams.
- Given this role’s focus on building connectivity, you must be based in the NYC area with the ability to come into the office several days a week.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - Our company is small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding the company culture and being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Excellent compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet-friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation. The expected cash salary range for this role is $140,000-$165,000.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
The success of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion relies on continuous, immersive learning and dialogue within our entire team. All employees of Pinwheel are expected to demonstrate behaviors of equity, advocacy, activism, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace.