Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a multi-talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our fast paced FinTech startup. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining high-quality leading-edge software to create a keystone platform in the market.
OpenYield is building the next generation automated marketplace for trading fixed income securities. We are a technology forward firm looking for experienced and talented C++, Rust and Next.JS developers who share our passion for technology, trading and taking on a challenge. You will have the opportunity to design, implement, test and deliver on all aspects of the emerging platform, including working on the marketplace itself, utilizing the latest low latency technology, networking and open-source tools, to generate high-volume and large-data products, integrations with partners and in expanding our business offerings. This is the chance of a lifetime to get in on the ground level.
- Design, develop, test and evolve complex, high-performance, scalable and reliable software applications using modern languages and patterns.
- Collaborate with the founders to solve for and implement solutions to build a reliable, stable and performant platform
- Produce an optimal, readable and maintainable code base that follows modern practices and coding standards, invest in code reviews and feedback to ensure high-quality code and improvements
- Identify and proactively resolve performance bottlenecks, software defects, and security vulnerabilities across the entire surface of the platform
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices to continuously enhance knowledge and skills, and an eagerness to learn new technologies
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of related work experience, including the design and successful shipping of mission-critical product
- Business experience in the finance industry working on Trading Platforms, Exchanges, and/or Connectivity in the bond, equities, futures, FX or options markets, either for FinTech software companies or live market participants
- Proficiency and practice in all three of our core programming languages of C++ (C++20), Rust and TypeScript/Next.JS (with supporting experience in web development technologies such as HTML, CSS and React) and a strong knowledge of relational databases, to create reliable, performant and scalable applications
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, and best practices
- Ability to take on projects and drive them through to completion
- High degree of organization and follow-through with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems, communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
What We Offer
- A flexible remote work environment or office space if you prefer
- All OpenYield employees participate in the equity pool
- The opportunity to be a part of a next generation startup that is disrupting an industry
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with OpenYield. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of OpenYield and no fee will be paid
In accordance with New York City's Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is $125,000 to $225,000. Placement within this range is dependent upon level of experience. Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits.
We invest heavily in our technology and infrastructure, and our flat collaborative structure encourages an environment where our developers can bring their ideas straight to the firm founders. We're proud to employ some of the leading talent in the industry, and we work to ensure our employees enjoy a high quality-of-life.