Head of Sales
OpenYield is on a mission to modernize bond investing for the retail investor. We are partnering with broker-dealers, advisors and fintech to develop the next generation bond investing marketplace. Our vision is to make purchasing individual bonds as straightforward as buying stocks.
We are seeking a seasoned, passionate, and dynamic Head of Sales to develop our sales function and lead go to market. This leadership role will be responsible for creating and executing a strategic sales plan to expand our client base of retail brokerages, advisory platforms, and our supplier base of dealers. The ideal candidate has a track record of sales leadership in fixed income, with specific experience in retail distribution.
- Design and execute a go-to-market strategy that aligns with OpenYield’s vision and goals, including defining customer segments and key differentiators
- Leverage industry relationships to drive sales processes to key customer segments
- Deeply understand the market and provide customer driven iterative feedback to shape product development
- Develop and implement strategic sales process to achieve growth objectives
- Manage customer relationships and provide customers with exceptional service and support.
- Build and manage a high-performing sales team; develop team members through coaching, mentoring, and performance management.
- Represent the company externally at conferences and industry events to promote platform
- Report sales metrics and forecasts to the executive team; provide timely and accurate reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience in financial services, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Deep knowledge of the bond market and experience selling financial products/services to retail brokerages and advisory platforms.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively convey complex financial concepts.
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting the relevant markets.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close complex deals.
- Ability to travel for customer meetings, trade shows, and industry events.
What We Offer:
- A hybrid work environment remote work environment or office space if you prefer
- All OpenYield employees participate in the equity pool
- The opportunity to be a part of a next generation startup that is disrupting an industry
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with OpenYield. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of OpenYield and no fee will be paid
In accordance with New York City's Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is $140,000 to $200,000. Placement within this range is dependent upon level of experience. Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits.
OpenYield is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. For more information about OpenYield, please visit www.openyld.com.
Apply for this position