Head of Account Management, Buyside
We are building a world-class Account Management team to service the needs of our clients. This team will provide leadership and management of Octaura accounts, working closely with internal teams (including client support and product management) to ensure client expectations are understood, satisfied, and exceeded.
The Buyside Lead will define an effective sales strategy that delivers value to our buyside clients and drives revenue growth. This individual will help buyside account managers identify potential clients and engage current clients to increase trading volume on the Octaura trading platform.
This is an exciting time for Octaura as we are rapidly growing and are looking for energetic, collaborative, and driven thinkers to join us! Please note this role is based out of our NYC office and expected to be in the office Monday through Thursday.
- Lead the Buyside Account Management Team focused on growing and nurturing buyside clients
- Collaborate with the Head of Account Management for Sellside to jointly develop counterparty relationships within the Institutional Investment community
- Partner with buyside clients to build strategic relationships, articulate a clear vision and generate business value
- Promote the value of Octaura’s platform, ensuring positive client experience during onboarding and throughout the customer journey
- Organize and lead training sessions as part of onboarding and ongoing product adoption
- Proactively determine solutions to potential issues to reduce churn and increase upsell opportunities
- Work with appropriate resources, including Senior Management, Product, Marketing, Technology and Client Support teams to support customer interests, sharing responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources
- Utilize Octaura’s CRM, HubSpot, to keep track of key account data, opportunities, logging calls and relevant notes
- Promote client satisfaction and loyalty by demonstrating an understanding of their business needs and helping them perform their work more effectively and efficiently through automation
- Provide Octaura’s clients with information and assistance regarding product updates and new features
- Proactively drive growth and design of the product by collating customer feedback and sharing this with the product team to contribute to product features and direction.
- 7+ years in account relationship management covering the buyside for either a Sellside bank or a FinTech
- Experience with Fixed Income, High yield and preferably Loans, CLOs
- Buyside account management or product sales experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with brand image and promoting value through customer experience
- Experience in large complex negotiations with a successful track record in a trusted advisor/consultative approach
- Ability to establish credibility quickly with senior leaders across the organizations
- Exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of customers' concerns and thoughts regarding the use of products, and the ability to troubleshoot as needed
- Experience with HubSpot preferred but not required
- Willingness to travel (limited)
The base pay range for this position in New York is $175,000 - $200,000 annually. Pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Equity and year-end bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Octaura's internal or external careers site.
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive Parental Leave
- Daily breakfast, coffee and snacks in the office
- 90% company-paid healthcare
- Onsite gym & discounted membership