New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
We’re on a mission
At Octaura, we continually evolve markets to unleash value for clients. It’s in our DNA to make a difference and do things differently.
Existing workflows within our markets are painful for clients: they are outdated, overcomplicated, and time-consuming. We want to change that. Octaura fundamentally rebuilds and redefines the markets by streamlining workflows, digitizing platforms, and bringing transactions, data and analytics together for the first time.
Join our inclusive culture
At Octaura, everyone belongs.
It’s so important to us that all Octaurians are confident in knowing they have the space to use their voice and talents. We love the diversity we see in the world and we actively want our team to reflect this. We’re a values-driven company and by engaging, solving and evolving together, we create a culture that is collaborative, switched-on, and fun to be part of.
The role in a nutshell
Octaura is building out our tech team and we’re looking for Software Development Engineers interested in building high performance, next generation technology that will revolutionize the loans industry. This is an environment for those seeking to drive innovation and get charged up working with top engineering talent. We are looking for results-oriented developers who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and enjoy solving challenging and complex customer problems.
- Work with a team of smart and passionate engineers to build and maintain our proprietary electronic trading platform
- Use modern tools and methods to expand the capabilities of our cloud-based application
- Help to transition development of our platform to our in-house team
- Collaborate with product teams to develop solutions for current and future customers
- 3+ years of experience backend engineering and data-related technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience in Java (strongly preferred) or other Object-Oriented languages
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience building cloud-based applications
- Effective communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Sense of humor
Octaura Work Perks
At Octaura, our people are our most valuable asset, and we are pleased to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive Parental Leave
- Daily breakfast, coffee and snacks in the office
- 90% company-paid healthcare
- Onsite gym & discounted membership
We’re committed to equal opportunity employment
Octaura is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.