New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
We’re on a mission
At Octaura, we continually evolve markets to unleash value for clients. It’s in our DNA to make a difference and do things differently.
Existing workflows within our markets are painful for clients: they are outdated, overcomplicated, and time-consuming. We want to change that. Octaura fundamentally rebuilds and redefines the markets by streamlining workflows, digitizing platforms, and bringing transactions, data and analytics together for the first time.
Join our inclusive culture
At Octaura, everyone belongs.
It’s so important to us that all Octaurians are confident in knowing they have the space to use their voice and talents. We love the diversity we see in the world and we actively want our team to reflect this. We’re a values-driven company and by engaging, solving and evolving together, we create a culture that is collaborative, switched-on, and fun to be part of.
The role in a nutshell
Our mission is to provide our customers with cutting-edge solutions that empower them to achieve their financial goals. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Data Scientist.
As a Data Scientist, you will work closely with our team to build the infrastructure for predictive modeling. You will be responsible for developing and implementing statistical models and algorithms to extract insights from large and complex data sets, and for building a cloud-based architecture. As part a startup, you will have the opportunity to take on a high level of responsibility and make a meaningful impact, as well as learn about different aspects of the business.
This is an exciting time for Octaura as we are rapidly growing and are looking for energetic, collaborative and driven thinkers to join us! Please note this role is based out of our NYC office and our current structure is 4 days (M-Th) in the office, Friday option work from home.
- Build predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- Develop and implement statistical models to extract insights from large data sets
- Design, build and maintain cloud-based infrastructure using AWS and/or Azure
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to design and implement data-driven solutions
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets to provide insights to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain data processing pipelines
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present findings to key stakeholders
- PhD/MSc in technical majors such as computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services
- Strong programming skills in Python and AI packages.
- Experience in building predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience in cloud-based architecture using AWS and Azure (preferred)
If you are passionate about data science in finance, have a strong background in technical majors, and are excited about building predictive models and cloud-based infrastructure using AWS and Azure, we want to hear from you. As a startup, we offer a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment, where you will have the opportunity to take ownership of your work and make a real impact on our business.
The base pay range for this position in New York is $150,000 - $175,000 annually. Pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Equity and year-end bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Octaura's internal or external careers site.
Octaura Work Perks
At Octaura, our people are our most valuable asset, and we are pleased to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive Parental Leave
- Daily breakfast, coffee and snacks in the office
- 90% company-paid healthcare
- Onsite gym & discounted membership
We’re committed to equal opportunity employment
Octaura is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.