Kard is building the first rewards-as-a-service platform to power the next generation of loyalty. Our mission is to reward consumers for their everyday purchases. Our powerful suite of APIs helps neobanks, financial institutions, banking-as-a-service platforms, and anyone who issues a payment card launch customized rewards tailored to their unique customer needs.
We have raised $30M to date from top investors including Tiger Global Management, Fin Capital, Underscore Ventures, as well as angels, founders, and executives from Ally Financial, Affirm, Alloy, Mastercard, Robinhood, and many other leading financial and fintech institutions.
About the Role
Kard is hiring our first Product Designer to join our Product team! You will get to know Kard’s full product line, and you will be responsible for identifying key business problems and working across teams to identify solutions that our customers love. We need someone who will work thoughtfully across our product teams to consider the user experience every step of the way!
- Listening to our customers and internal stakeholders to proactively identify business problems.
- Leading user testing calls with our customers, using thoughtful prototypes that can rapidly be iterated.
- Focusing on the success of the product, working daily with product and engineering, with full ownership of the product’s usability.
- Developing and maintaining best design practices and communicating those expectations across the company.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience with some of that experience working in product design.
- Strong client management and communication skills.
- A desire to understand the Kard product in a nuanced way, connecting the technology to the end user.
- Empathy for both our financial issuers and our merchants; we need both to deliver the best possible product.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, product managers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- The ability to comfortably present your findings to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with an API-driven product
- Early stage startup experience
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Experience creating new design systems
Base salary range is $90-100k, depending on experience
As well as focusing on offering career progression, life at Kard is a chance to work autonomously, be a part of a rapidly growing company and witness a team that embodies its values (Humility, Initiative and Openness) from the CEO down.
Our robust benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO (where employees are required, at minimum, to take one day off a quarter, 10 days each year)
- 11 observed Federal Holidays (plus one for Black Friday and another for Christmas Eve)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k (100% Employer match for the first 3%)
- Coworking Reimbursement (up to $250 or 80%)
- WFH setup stipend
- Company Offsites (January, May and September)
Something looks off?