Product Designer (New York City & San Francisco)
At January, we work to ensure that borrowers who fall behind on debt are treated with dignity. Owing to outdated processes and bad actors, traditional debt collection is rife with harassment and fraud. Our products tackle this by helping financial institutions modernize collections, giving borrowers simpler and more compassionate ways to get back on track.
As a Product Designer at January, your work will help borrowers get out of debt, and creditors build stronger credit ecosystems. You will contribute to our product design strategy through an obsession with the needs of borrowers and creditors. You will report directly to the VP of Product and work closely with a Senior Product Designer and other departments, including product, engineering, analytics, and data science, to bring new opportunities to life.
You’ll be the voice of our users, helping us make more empathetic experiences for borrowers and more streamlined experiences for creditors. You’ll contribute to all aspects of the design process, from user research to feature ideation to wireframes and final designs. This role is perfect for a product designer that wants to have an outsized impact on the direction of a company and product.
- You’ll partner directly with our product team to build and validate hypotheses about new opportunities, playing a significant role in shaping our roadmap and direction
- You will work closely with all departments at January, including product, engineering, and analytics, to bring new opportunities to life through wireframes, mockups, and stunning pixel-perfect designs.
- You'll use the insights you uncover through user research to architect the UX of new product improvements and opportunities.
- You’ll be the voice of our users, helping us make more empathetic experiences for borrowers and more streamlined experiences for creditors.
You may be a fit if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience as a product designer.
- Have experience working on UX research programs with diverse groups and can translate their findings into actionable insights.
- Are hyper-focused on using design to make meaningful improvements to the user experience and overall business objectives.
- Are a strong communicator that can oversee the user experience of a product area from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, and analytics teams.
- Have the ability to take broad ideas and turn them into something actionable and useful.
- Built In's Best Startups to Work For in New York (2023)
- Built In's Best Startups to Work For in San Francisco (2023)
- Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2022)
Our compensation range for the Product Designer role is $118,000 to $155,000. We determine the final package by considering experience, applicable education and training, and relevant skills derived throughout our interview process. This role also includes a competitive equity package, giving you a chance to feel true ownership of your work.
January prioritizes the safety and well-being of our team members and, as such, requires all employees who work from or visit a January office to have proof of COVID-19 vaccination or provide a valid medical or religious exemption.