Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Greenlight is a fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance, and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Mobile Engineer, Android with experience in building apps with high importance to UX experience, performance and quality. Someone who loves to work together as a team to build solutions/capabilities that can be reused across multiple teams and domains. Also enjoy learning and growing each day.
The ideal candidate has working experience in Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Jetpack Navigation. Understands the Android SDKs and frameworks to a great extent.
Technologies we use:
- Frontend: Kotlin+Compose for Android, Swift+SwiftUI for iOS
- Backend: Node.js & Kotlin
- REST, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- and more..
What you will be doing:
- Redesigning a lot of the client experiences on the consumer app in a new and refreshed way using Kotlin and Compose
- Build new product features for Greenlight families with great user experience
- Continuously evaluate and improve your code quality and performance.
- Write your own Unit and Functional tests
- Work closely with the backend team while building out client <> server apis (REST and graphQL)
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable releases
- Focus on Modularization, Reliability and Reusability
What you should bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Kotlin is a MUST
- 5+ years of solid Android experience
- Experience building UI with Jetpack Compose is a plus
- Experience building quality apps
- A passion for building reusable solutions
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn and master new technologies
Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
See more open positions at Greenlight
Something looks off?