Senior Engineer, Risk
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Greenlight is a fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance, and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
Greenlight is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a background in building scalable systems and services to join our Platform Services Team. Our ideal candidate has a background in payments, understands application design and development but also wants to participate in the deployment and operational phases of the SDLC. In this role, you will be working primarily with Kotlin.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
•MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
•Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Building new backend services which add new experiences and features to our website, registration process, and applications
- Scaling our backend to evolve with new feature requests and support our growing user base
- Improve the reliability and availability of our growing platform and services for our families and partners
- Maintaining existing backend services
- Exposing Greenlight APIs and services for external consumption and partnership
What you should bring:
- 6+ years software development experience, preferably at a FinTech company
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with large-scale performant applications using cloud architecture and services - AWS and Kubernetes highly preferred
- Experience using an ORM such as sequelize to interact with a database
- Experience building and scaling REST services
- Experience using AWS tools
- Experience using Docker
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn and master new technologies
Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
See more open positions at Greenlight
Something looks off?