Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a Commercial Counsel who will be reporting to our General Counsel. You will become a member of a growing Legal Team in a novel FinTech company that has been a unicorn for several years.
- You will work cross-functionally with the product development, marketing, compliance, finance, operations, and Partnership/Business Development teams to structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts so that they are compliant with legal, regulatory, compliance and company policies and risk tolerances.
- For example, the types of contracts you will negotiate and revise include Marketing Services Agreements, Insertion Orders, SaaS development agreements, Partnership Agreements, vendor agreements and advertising/commercial development agreements.
- You will also draft and provide legal/regulatory review of Sweepstakes and Contest Rules, and marketing disclaimers and disclosures.
- You will work with the Partnership/Business Development Team to help negotiate with Banks and Credit Unions regarding our template Master Referral Agreements.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of legal experience as a commercial transactional legal counsel, with at least 3+ years of law firm experience
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with priorities that are constantly changing
- Be a utility player who is able to negotiate a wide variety of legal contracts covering a diverse array of legal issues on a daily basis, and be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to negotiate contracts in new and unfamiliar areas of law as the Company explores new products and services to offer our Greenlight families.
- Ability to work independently, juggle multiple projects at a time, and learn how to prioritize activities by level of importance to the organization.
- Experience working with SaaS providers or with social media companies and other direct to consumer marketing channels is desirable but not required.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school
- Ability to obtain qualification to work as in-house counsel in the State of Georgia (see Rule 5.5 of Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- You must be a creative problem solver who will use strong legal acumen to solve novel business challenges in a legally compliant manner.
- You must be able to exercise common sense and good judgment, while working independently.
- You need to be flexible working with a diverse group of individuals across multiple time zones and multiple departments with differing levels of familiarity with working with the Legal Department.
- You need to be an enthusiastic supporter of our mission to help parents raise financially smart kids as it drives everything we do at Greenlight.
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.