Senior Director, Quality
Sales & Business Development, Quality Assurance
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
Greenlight is looking to hire a Senior Director of Quality Engineering to lead the strategy for Quality Engineering in our next phase of growth. Our ideal leader will collaborate across the entire Engineering Organization and will directly lead the Quality Engineering Team made up of both automation engineers and manual testers and will also lead the Technical Operations function that serves as Tier 3 production support.
Technologies we use:
- Unit testing: jest, junit5
- Integration testing: cypress.io, espresso, XCUITest, Browserstack
- Performance testing: JMeter, k6
- API testing: BloomRPC, Postman
- Pipelining: Bitrise, Jenkins, Github Actions
- Manage and develop a talented team of Automation Engineers, Manual Testers and Technical Operations Engineers
- Identify, recommend, and implement quality improvements throughout the entire software development lifecycle to increase the speed, reliability, and manageability of the testing processes
- Partner with the Engineering Leadership team to establish KPIs to monitor, measure, and report on software quality and delivery performance. Utilize KPI performance to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure standardized, mature change management and release management processes and automate deployment and maintenance procedures using industry-standard scripting languages
- Quality Engineers, and production support experts responsible for building and maintaining quality throughout the entire software lifecycle
What you’ll bring to the team:
- BS degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a microservices product architecture with continuous delivery
- 7+ years of experience in agile software development
- 5+ years of senior management experience in a quality-focused organization
- Knowledge of established Software Quality Standards and Practices
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Exceptional self-direction, initiative, and passion to achieve objectives in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on a mobile-first product
- Experience scaling high performance teams in a hypergrowth startup environment
- Experience working on software in a regulated product domain (fintech, healthcare, etc)
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.