Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
Greenlight is looking for a Software Engineer with a background in building scalable systems and services to join our Platform Services Team. Our ideal candidate has a background in payments, understands application design and development but also wants to participate in the deployment and operational phases of the SDLC. In this role, you will be working primarily with Kotlin.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
•MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
•Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Building new backend services which add new experiences and features to our website, registration process, and applications
- Scaling our backend to evolve with new feature requests and support our growing user base
- Improve the reliability and availability of our growing platform and services for our families and partners
- Maintaining existing backend services
- Exposing Greenlight APIs and services for external consumption and partnership
What you should bring:
- 6+ years software development experience, preferably at a FinTech company
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with large-scale performant applications using cloud architecture and services - AWS and Kubernetes highly preferred
- Experience using an ORM such as sequelize to interact with a database
- Experience building and scaling REST services
- Experience using AWS tools
- Experience using Docker
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn and master new technologies
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.