Remote - Senior Technical Project Manager
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
Product Development & Delivery function in Green Dot liaises between Business Stakeholders and Technology / Engineering leads. The Project Manager understands technology and has a strong business acumen. Through objective analysis and creative thinking, the Project Manager enables Engineering and Business stakeholders to reach consensus on a plan of record that achieves the high priority business goals within time and resource constraints. The Project Manager is accountable for providing transparency for business owners.
- Own oversight of the delivery schedule and plans for the programs and project across the enterprise through implementation, launch and support, by working with the Product Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to support the definition and quality release of product delivery.
- Adhere the software development life cycle policy and procedures; ensure all technology programs and projects follow the software development life cycle and make continuous improvements.
- Solicit, analyze, and define functional and non-functional technical requirements and priorities with the business owners and other cross functional stakeholders using process flows, technical requirements list, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models
- Provide project management leadership, guidance, and day-to-day execution support for Technology projects, ensuring technology initiatives are executed on-time, on-budget, on-scope, and with expected quality.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the project to the Technology Management team, working with all project teams (Dev, QA, Operations, etc.), external teams, and represents the organization to external partners and vendors
- Capture and manage project risks/issues and the execution of risk mitigation/contingency plans and any necessary escalations.
- Participate in user acceptance testing of system enhancements and projects
- Manage resources, team, and other project conflicts to resolution
- Maintain and reports periodic status by proactively monitoring the activities of the team members/leads and the “health” of data (burndown, bugs, etc.) for area of project/program responsibility
- Manage compliance with all IT governance standards through approved tools, templates, policies, procedures, and process leanings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This team supports the technology arm of the company and will require off-hour support as needed.
- Responsible for cross-functional teams that are focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system from design to release for customers
- Responsible for the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
- May organize cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of managing technical projects and programs
- In-depth understanding of Agile and Scrum Master role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in project management with experience managing multiple complex projects, schedules, budgets, scope, and performance analytics in a fast paced and dynamic environment (both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum)
- Flexibility to support off-hour maintenance
PAY RANGEThe targeted base salary for this position is $66,300 to $101,300 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.