Remote - Lead Data Engineer (OLTP)
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Data Engineer for one of the leading FinTech companies in the US - #1 in Debit cards for retail. Our mission is to deliver trusted, best-in-class money management & payment solutions to our customers & partners, seamlessly connecting people to their money. You will be part of an enterprise data platform engineering team delivering a transformative data platform that enables faster, more secure & efficient data solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of implementing OTLP database solutions (using Microsoft SQL Server) and NoSQL data stores for large scale organizations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of data domains; including data modeling, security, database development, database tuning, service delivery, production support, incident tracking, and change management.
- Executes design sessions to gather requirements, review, approve, and communicate design artifacts with stakeholders
- Designing and managing various data model associated with Relational DBs (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc) and NoSQL DBs (Azure Cosmos, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc)
- Ensures database features and capabilities are incorporated into data model designs to optimize performance, security, resiliency and scalability
- Perform problem-solving of application issues and production errors, including high level critical production issues that require immediate attention
- Design and code a high volume of SQL queries, stored procedures, and maintenance of SSIS packages
- Monitor and perform performance tuning on stored procedures and ETL jobs
- Delivering and presenting proofs of concept to of key technology components to project stakeholders and internal technology leaders
- Working with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components associated with cloud data platform
- Perform problem-solving of application issues and production errors, including high level critical production issues that require immediate attention; participate in an on-call support rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
- 8+ years of overall software development experience required
- 5+ years of overall hands-on experience working with SQL Server (Relational DBs) including T-SQL, the writing of complex stored procedures, optimization for performance, and SSIS packages
- Strong knowledge and experience in data modeling and relational database design
- Demonstrated expertise in performance tuning
- Hands-on development experience with NoSQL DBs (MongoDB / Cassandra / Azure Cosmos DB or similar) and/or event-based streaming (kafka, etc) technologies highly desired
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems in cloud env (Azure / AWS)
- Expertise in understanding complex business needs, analyzing, designing, and developing solutions
- Communication and professional skills and the ability to establish relationships across business units
- Experience working in a Dev/Ops environment with tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services, Chef, Puppet or Terraform
- Financial technology domain knowledge
- Experience with .NET, MVC, C# HTML5 CSS3 AJAX jQuery IIS and Java script
- Microsoft Azure Data Engineer or other cloud certifications
PAY RANGEThe targeted base salary for this position is $98,400 to $150,300 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.