Remote - Sr. Release and Service Reliability Engineering Manager
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
As the Release and Service Reliability Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of release engineers and service reliability engineers. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the predictable and automated deployment of software while maintaining a robust and scalable monitoring infrastructure. Your expertise will contribute to the success of our Virtual Machine and Kubernetes infrastructure, driving the growth of new teams and coaching staff members on industry best practices.
- Manage a team of fully remote release engineers and service reliability engineers, providing mentorship, guidance, and support to drive their professional growth and success.
- Develop and implement strategies for predictable and automated software deployment across various environments.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and governance of our monitoring infrastructure to ensure optimal service reliability and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and refine release and reliability engineering processes, ensuring alignment with business needs and industry best practices.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency, reliability, and scalability of our release and reliability engineering practices.
- Work closely with development, operations, and quality assurance teams to establish strong partnerships and streamline the software delivery lifecycle.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and advancements in release and reliability engineering, applying relevant knowledge to improve our infrastructure and processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and service level indicators (SLIs) for release and reliability engineering, regularly reporting on progress and identifying areas for improvement.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, ensuring effective collaboration and adherence to service level agreements (SLAs).
- Manage SaaS vendor relationship, including adherence to contracts, support, and billable services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, related field or equivalent work experience. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in release engineering, DevOps, or similar role, with 5-7 years of experience in a leadership or managerial position.
- Extensive experience in release engineering, service reliability engineering, or a related field, with a proven track record of managing complex software deployments and maintaining highly available systems.
- Strong background in cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and their associated deployment and monitoring services.
- Demonstrated experience in growing and leading teams, including hiring, mentoring, and developing team members.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a proven ability to inspire and mentor engineering teams
- Proficiency in implementing and managing automated deployment and monitoring tools.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends in release and reliability engineering.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to navigate complex technical challenges.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on driving continuous improvement and exceeding performance targets.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- This role is fully remote, thus candidates must be willing to travel for infrequent team meetings.
PAY RANGEThe targeted base salary for this position is $119,300 to $182,300 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.