Remote - Head of Core Platforms and Efficiency
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
Green Dot is a leading financial services organization committed to delivering innovative digital solutions to its customers. As part of our growth strategy, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join our team as Head of Core Platforms. This role will be responsible for overseeing our core banking platform, card issuing, and payment systems, ensuring seamless and efficient operations for high-volume transactions while leading people, processes, and technology performance and efficiency improvements. Candidate’s primary objective will be to ensure the stability, scalability, and efficiency of our core platforms while overseeing high-volume transactions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including technology, operations, and product, to drive innovation, improve operational excellence, and deliver outstanding customer experiences. The successful candidate will be responsible and manage all core platform production change management, support and maintenance activities while successfully managing budget, scope and resources.
- Create and execute a comprehensive strategy for our core platforms, card issuing, payment systems, and cloud operations, aligned with the company's objectives and market trends.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the Core Platforms teams, ensuring alignment with business goals and customer needs.
- Enhance the operating model to maintain the production environment to quality standards.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Accountable for ensuring the optimal performance of the platform support and maintenance team. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity and increase operational efficiencies.
- Manage a team of internal and external, onshore and offshore application professionals to execute production support activities to SLA adherence and customer satisfaction goals
- Own the partner/vendor relationships for application support activities, managing external service provider quality and performance to ensure that services are delivered according to the specified service levels, requirements, and overall effectiveness
- Manage risk and mitigate issues that could affect release reliability and stability
- Oversee release readiness reviews and go/no-go meetings as required
- Investigate, escalate and drive solutions for emergent or complex technical issues
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements, security, and departmental policies, practices and standard operating procedures
- Build and foster effective relationships between the business, Technology and external service providers
- People management responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching and mentoring, professional development, problem-solving, evaluation, and performance management.
- Lead all aspects of budgeting and reporting associated with his/her organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in a leadership role overseeing core banking platforms, card issuing, payment systems
- Extensive delivery experience in the Enterprise Applications space required
- This role requires a deep understanding of DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, and Release Management with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization to industry best practices.
- Experience in payment, banking, managing high-volume transaction systems
- Optimizing performance experience is required.
- Experience in IT infrastructure management in a complex environment across modern architectures and technologies to traditional platforms in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience enabling change in a high velocity environment
- Demonstrated experience with Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning
- A strong bias for action, leading progress and simple perfection
- ACI payment hub and Temenos Transact knowledge preferred
PAY RANGEThe targeted base salary for this position is $189,400 to $269,700 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.