Remote - Senior QA Backend Automation Engineer
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
The QA Backend Automation Engineer will be Analyzing the Business Requirements and User stories in JIRA, Prepare Automated Test Scripts and Execute them thru ReadyAPIs. QA Backend Automation Engineer will be responsible for the API Testing and Reporting Anomalies (Bugs). Support the Teams on Various End-End Test Scenarios and validate the fulfillment for User stories. The QA engineer will also contribute to the automation of the project to ensure we regress the data on a regular cadence and maintain high quality data for our users.
- Builds test automation frameworks using ReadyAPI/SoapUI for rest-based APIs hosted on Amazon cloud and Azure cloud, as well as contributes to the existing automated frameworks to be used by other Automation SDETs and QA Engineers.
- Develops and executes test cases related to functional, integration, systems, end-2-end testing, and accessibility testing, and automates them for regression, including database schema change validations
- Leads the creation of test strategy, test planning, and test execution related to all aspects of testing like function, integration, systems, end-2-end testing, accessibility, database validations, and automation
- Write SQL scripts to extract data from the backend and validate its integrity
- Reviews requirements and design specifications and derive test cases to validate end to end-user flow journeys, report test results, and work closely with development teams to resolve defects, while adhering to established QA and Project Management processes
- ·Supports production verification and validation for tested applications
- A minimum of 5 years of in-depth QA Engineering experience including hands-on automation experience for at least 3 years as an SDET
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience acceptable
- Familiar with AWS and Azure Cloud API services
- Strong understanding of Azure platform capabilities for Testing applications for feeds (EventHub and Kafka)
- Strong experience Testing UDFs, and stored procedures for CosmosDB
- Proficient in one or more programming and scripting languages - C#, Java, Python, Groovy, JS
- Must be hands-On with API testing tools – ReadyAPI, Soap UI, JMeter.
- Must be hands-on with complex SQL queries using databases like MySQL and MS SQL
- Must be Familiar with CI/CD tools like Jenkins or similar, and testing lifecycle tools like TestRail
- Experience in delivering for medium to large testing projects, including test automation
- Strong analytical, multitasking, and organizational skills to manage testing on multiple projects
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and concepts using JIRA or similar Agile tools
- Exposure working with Git/Perforce Version Control System.
PAY RANGEThe targeted base salary for this position is $78,800 to $120,200 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.