Remote - Azure Cloud Architect
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
Principal Azure Cloud Architect
Department: Enterprise Architecture Team
Green Dot Corporation, a frontrunner in consumer-focused banking solutions, is actively seeking a Principal Azure Cloud Architect to join our dynamic Enterprise Architecture team. The role requires a seasoned professional with extensive, hands-on experience with Azure Cloud Native services, proficiency in C# / .NET Core, and a comprehensive understanding of event-driven Microservices architecture, including patterns like SAGA, CQRS, and Event Sourcing.
- Design and implement scalable, high-availability applications on Azure Cloud using C# / .NET Core, leveraging Azure Cloud Native services including Service Bus, Azure Storage, and Azure Functions.
- Independently conduct design reviews, proposing and advocating innovative solutions to complex architectural problems.
- Lead the development and optimization of event-driven Microservices using design patterns such as SAGA, CQRS, and Event Sourcing on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) with Kubernetes-based Event-driven Autoscaling (KEDA).
- Utilize Azure Event Grid for robust event handling and seamless interaction between services and components.
- Display in-depth knowledge of Azure Cosmos DB, particularly in change feed processing, to design optimal partition keys and efficient read/write patterns.
- Harness Azure Event Hub to manage high-volume, near-real-time data, setting up consumer groups to process Event Hub events efficiently.
- Collaborate effectively with infrastructure, release management, and engineering teams across various time zones to ensure efficient deployments and operations.
- Drive the architectural vision and decisions for Green Dot's payment processing systems, promoting consistent and resilient designs across all projects and platforms.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of Azure API Management (APIM) and its policies, implementing best practices for API design and management.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of OAuth, especially for B2B scenarios and managing 'on-behalf-of' customer flows in an API landscape.
- Design and plan for disaster recovery scenarios, considering both active-active and active-passive system architectures.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10 years of extensive hands-on, production-level experience with Azure Cloud, with a comprehensive understanding of its capabilities and limitations.
- 10 years of strong expertise in C# / .NET Core in a production environment.
- 10 years of proven experience in designing and implementing event-driven Microservices architectures, including design patterns such as SAGA, CQRS, and Event Sourcing.
- Ability to independently conduct design reviews and articulate complex technical concepts to a large audience of engineers.
- Proficient with Azure Cloud Native services, AKS, KEDA, Cosmos DB, Azure Service Bus, and Azure Functions.
- Deep understanding of Azure API Management (APIM), OAuth, especially in the context of B2B and 'on-behalf-of' customer flows.
- Proficient in planning and executing disaster recovery scenarios, with a good understanding of both active-active and active-passive system architectures.
- Excellent leadership, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills, with a proven ability to work effectively across multiple time zones.
- Experience with Azure Databricks and Lakehouse architectures.
- Familiarity with Banking as a Service (BaaS), Card Management, and payment processing systems.
- High-level understanding of modern UI frameworks such as React and Next.js.
- Exposure to mobile app development.
Why Green Dot?
Join Green Dot, where we believe in the transformative power of technology to redefine personal banking. Our culture fosters innovation, collaboration, and inclusivity, valuing every voice and idea. Be part of our journey to shape the future of banking!
Green Dot Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
PAY RANGEThe targeted base salary for this position is $136,900 to $209,200 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.