Remote - Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
The Senior Cloud Operations Engineer is part of the Cloud & Systems Engineering team responsible for building, automating, scaling, operating, and enhancing hybrid cloud infrastructure services. We are a small agile team looking for talented self-starting engineers with diverse experiences ready to take on the challenges of supporting / enhancing mission critical workloads our customers depend on.
- Responsible for delivery and support of infrastructure services running in hybrid cloud environments hosted in Azure, AWS, and on-prem.
- Work to constantly improve system resiliency by developing self-healing, self-assembling infrastructure.
- Manage and deploy RabbitMQ and equivalent message queuing technologies
- Manage cloud native services such as Service Bus, Kubernetes, and other cloud native services
- Manage and deploy cache services from Elastic Cache and Redis.
- Dive into problems with an eye to both immediate remediation as well as the follow-through changes and automation that will prevent future occurrences.
- Improve observability, early detection, and automated outage remediation
- Participate in continuous service improvement initiatives to modernize our environments
- Participate in Agile / Kanban processes
- Participate in on-call rotation that supports our production infrastructure.
- AWS or Azure Admin level certification or higher
- Experience managing RabbitMQ, Kafka, and similar messaging technologies
- Experience managing caching solutions from Elastic Service and/or Redis
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining Linux operating systems
- Experience operating and maintaining container repositories
- Experience developing and maintaining Terraform & Ansible
- Experience building and scaling distributed highly available systems
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
- Experience writing Python, PowerShell, or other scripting languages
PAY RANGEThe targeted base salary for this position is $76,100 to $116,200 per year. The final compensation will be determined by a number of factors such as qualifications, expertise, and the candidate’s geographical location.
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.