Fidel API is a global financial infrastructure platform that enables developers to build programmable experiences connected with real-time payment events from a user’s card. Startups through global enterprises are leveraging Fidel API’s tools to power a range of solutions including digital receipts, customer attribution, loyalty and rewards, expense management and personal financial management.
Launched in 2018, Fidel API is headquartered in London, with offices in Lisbon, New York, and remote employees globally. Fidel API is backed by investors including Bain Capital Ventures, Nyca Partners, QED Investors, Citi Ventures, RBC Capital and Commerce Ventures.
The Product Development Manager will be accountable for product strategy and product quality for a product area within the business.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely and cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, and all GTM functions, while embodying a customer-centric approach, developing empathy for users, leveraging data-driven insights, and understanding the competitive landscape and industry trends.
- Be accountable for product validation, prioritization, quality metrics, planning, and go-to-market product operations, fostering a strong sense of ownership related to the platform's user experience.
- Actively contribute to the product strategy of their domain, executing against strategies, mapping high-level user stories, and refining use-case level user stories and roadmaps for product readiness
- Collect feedback from Customers, Sales, CX, Engineering, Design, and Support Teams, ensuring both functional and non-functional requirements are considered in product design and development
- Foster a data-driven culture, empowering the team and stakeholders to make well-informed decisions based on user feedback, industry trends, and competitive landscape insights
- Actively contribute to the implementation of company-wide processes, strategies, improved culture, and values, while emphasizing collaboration, communication, influence, and embodying core values
- Ensure high-quality product delivery, using an iterative approach with a bias towards learning quickly, testing key assumptions, and actively mitigating risks in collaboration with engineering management
- Ship the whole experience by gathering requirements, defining functionality, setting clear goals, and ensuring lateral impacts are planned for and aligned with stakeholders
- Set and adhere to measurable goals, synthesize new opportunities for the future, and influence the implementation of business-wide strategy relating to product domains
- Define and work towards a clear roadmap of prioritized features and initiatives that align with the product vision and strategy, considering diverse inputs and perspectives within the matrix management model
We want you if you:
- Have 2-4 years of product experience, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- Have a business way of thinking and show the ability to combine a strong knowledge of integrations with the business requirements and challenges;
- Show a strong ability to lead conversations with design and engineering in a tech and design savvy way;
- Show strong executive presence - project confidence with all stakeholders, from customers to exec to sales;
- Show an analytical mindset - you can clearly link features to the metrics they are able to drive. You gain extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data;
- Show the ability to balance many projects and stakeholders at once - organisation is key.
At Fidel API, we live by our values and what we stand for, and that feeds into every decision we make. Fidel comes from the Latin word ‘Fidelis’ which means reliability, trust, truth and dependability. We honor those values — and our commitment to them — by naming ourselves after the ancient root word itself.
Across our company, we speak 27 languages and represent 25+ different nationalities. It’s our diversity of background, thinking, talents and skills that allows us to build truly global products for the developers who are driving payments innovation forward.
We're committed to making Fidel API a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Flexible work options - choose where you work (hybrid, remote or in one of our coworking offices)
- Home office budget
- Enhanced Parental Leave - 16 weeks at 100% pay as our global minimum standard
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, and more) for you and your family
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Virtual and in-person team gatherings & activities (dependent on location)
At Fidel API, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel API does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel API employees or any other company location. Fidel API is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.