Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, trade and report on 401(k) and other retirement accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
Pontera is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Communications Director to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in communications for financial products and/or services. In this critical role, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive communication strategies to enhance the company's brand image and effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategic communication plans that align with the company's goals and objectives.
- Ensure all Pontera communications are of top-tier quality with a hands-on approach to writing and editing.
- Oversee the communication budget and activities, including wide internal and customer notifications, PR, social media, newsletters and blogging.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent messaging and brand voice across all communication channels.
- Manage a direct report, PR agency, and web development agency– providing daily guidance and support to meet long-term goals.
- Monitor our industry, regulatory, and partner landscape to uncover potential opportunities to participate in strategic public discourse.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including media outlets, industry influencers, and community partners.
- Develop and manage crisis communication plans to effectively address and mitigate potential issues.
- Prepare Pontera leaders for public speaking and media engagements and assist in critical communications, including regulatory comment letters.
- Ensure proper communications approval processes are maintained, often liaising between partners, customers, legal counsel, and media.
- 10+ years of experience in communications, the majority of which should be in the financial sector
- Experience with public relations and social media for both B2B and B2C products
- Excellent writing and cross-collaboration skills
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with the press
- Passion for developing internal and external resources
- Possesses an “eye” for detail and design quality
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO day
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.