Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, trade and report on 401(k) and other retirement accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
As Solutions Engineer, you will play a critical role in our company’s growth by partnering with our Enterprise Sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our largest customers, providing compelling solutions-based demonstrations, designing and executing proof-of-concepts, and closing business.
- Participate in customer discovery to understand their current operational processes, what technical problems they need to solve, and map back to Pontera’s product, platforms, and solutions to ensure they reach their desired business outcome
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for prospects, clients, and integration partners on our product offerings and their technical underpinnings
- Collaborate with the sales, account management, customer support, product, engineering, and R&D teams to understand and document customer needs and requirements
- Act as a trusted advisor and consultant to customers, offering technical insights and creative solutions while leading product implementation
- Develop and maintain internal and external-facing technical documentation used in pre- and post-sales activities
- Deliver compelling presentations and visualizations to technical buyers including engineering process flows and architecture diagrams, showcasing the value of our offering as well as how it integrates into the prospect’s core tech stack
- Provide post-sales consultative services to customers looking to improve operational efficiency and maximize usage of the platform
- Extensive (5+ years) of professional experience as an Implementation Specialist, Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer, or Solutions Architect role, implementing financial software, bridging the gap between business and engineering
- World-class communicator capable of distilling complexity into its component parts
- High IQ. Able to identify problems, understand their root causes, arrive at creative solutions, and drive them through implementation
- Highly collaborative, organized, and process-driven
- Self-starter with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated track record of top performance
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Understanding of technology used by broker-dealers, RIAs, recordkeepers, and banks
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Gong, Outreach, Monday.com, Tableau
WHAT WE OFFER
- Compensation: $125,000 to $165,000 annually
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO day
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.