Financial Operations Manager
Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, rebalance, and report on 401(k) and other retirement plan accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Operations Manager to play a pivotal role in our Account Operations Team. As a Financial Operations Manager, you will lead and mentor two team leads and oversee a team of 15 analysts. Your responsibilities will include providing guidance, imparting knowledge, and offering constructive feedback to enable the team to meet its objectives and advance collectively and individually. The Financial Operations Team's core responsibilities revolve around close collaboration with our Research and Development unit. Your role will also involve analyzing data, extracting valuable insights, and establishing meaningful connections between various components.
This is an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our dynamic team and play a vital role in managing one of our account operations teams, driving efficiency, and fostering growth within the team.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the team, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Oversee the performance and development of two team leads and their respective teams, fostering a collaborative and results-driven environment.
- Utilize in-depth technical knowledge, including SQL proficiency, to address complex technical issues and provide timely resolutions.
- Conduct data analysis to identify trends, pain points, and operational opportunities, and proactively initiate appropriate interventions.
- Identify operational process gaps through rigorous analysis and implement improvement and action plans to enhance efficiency.
- Collaborate closely with the R&D Team to conceptualize and develop tools that automate repetitive and inefficient processes, increasing overall team productivity.
- Assist team members in resolving complex issues and questions that arise from the Team, ensuring high-quality support.
- Analyze data to compile information on team efficiency, highlights, and areas for improvement, providing regular reports to management.
- Bachelor's degree in economics or business administration
- Extensive experience in team leadership and management
- Proficiency in SQL and Tableau
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Curious, independent, and self-motivated mindset
- Excellent English communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Mon/Tues/Weds and WFH Sun//Thurs)